We need a chat box what do u think

MrCheesman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I wouldn't use it often, if at all - it's just not the way i behave online / i have plenty of stuff on the go at the same time - a live chat box needs watching to know what the topic of conversation is. I'd very quickly start feeling trapped - like watching telly without TiVo :(

• Supporters

lol it's a hard drive system to record TV - u very quickly stop watching tv live, even if something is on that u want to watch, u just record it and watch/do something else in the meantime...

because...

then u can watch it and FFWD through the ads :)

record up to 3 channels while you watch something already recorded + access to digital on demand services as 1 of those channels

mine is 1 Terabyte so it holds a fuck load of films & whole series, like 67 eps of Fringe, the whole of the recent Spartacus 3 series - stuff I like but not enough to buy/acquire on some permanent media

so now that is my habitual TV MO - at a moments notice i can sack something crap and put on something i know is good, or use the search to find stuff i might like / same as having 3 pages of Chrome open with about 15-20 tabs on each and a few on the go which work better in Firefox - I do actually have a monumental attention span, but I'm trying to become far less tolerant of utter bollocks because due to my medication i now find it very difficult to learn new things - those mindless waffles are using up precious microgorms...

• Supporters

so its a sky box basically.

no it's much better - the OS is far more intuitive + an extra channel & crucially it never fails during bad weather

The problem with chat boxes and even the existing status update section is that it detracts from the forum - people will ask questions there and there will be no record, so the forum will get even quieter.

I think the status updates perform the function well enough. My experienece with chat boxes on forums is that you log in to find a weird conversation going on that makes no sense unless you scroll back several pages. They're just annoying.

• Supporters

Statae? Statarii? Statunaramum?

Archived