Newbie to Airsoft

Moonie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just joined the forum and am aiming at starting to play airsoft. My nearest skirmish place is Apocalypse249, which I'm gonna be going down there on the 5th just to check it out! I was wondering what would be a reasonably cheap but good gun to get!? And obviously any other hints and tips would be welcome!!

So basically, hi!!

Chris

Hi Chris

We've all been where you are now.

As already said, dont rush into buying your own rifle. Your tastes and wants will change over your first few games.

There are some very good noobie guides on this forum which answer a lot of the common FAQs.

Of course, there is no harm in spending hours looking at the rifles for sale on the net !!

Play a few games first and try out different hire guns to too what you like the most, but still the gun we recommend to all new starters is a G&G Combat Machine.

I'm hoping to maybe have a look at some of the guys guns when we go up just to see what feels better! But yes, will be hiring at first and sign up to Ukara so i can get a realistic rifle.

Hi Chris

We've all been where you are now.

As already said, dont rush into buying your own rifle. Your tastes and wants will change over your first few games.

There are some very good noobie guides on this forum which answer a lot of the common FAQs.

Of course, there is no harm in spending hours looking at the rifles for sale on the net !!

Already spent a few hours looking at rifles!! LoL. That and clothes, vests, sights...........in general, all accessories to go with it!!

• Supporters

Yeah, you've got the illness already :lol: welcome to the support group forums, mate!

For the sake of your wallet and the health of any committed relationships you may be in, please read my noob guide.

Theres no harm in investing in some army surplus gear and face protection early on though. The full face masks at most sites are not the best.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr26.html the £25 deal for smock, shirt and trousers in either DPM or Desert DPM is an awesome starting point for your outfit. They also have some good deals on boots.

Yeah, you've got the illness already :lol: welcome to the support group forums, mate!

For the sake of your wallet and the health of any committed relationships you may be in, please read my noob guide.

Have gone through the whole of the Noob Guide, very useful thanks, and have already put some things on a wish list on E-Bay! When i get some spare cash, hopefully soon, i'll being buying the bare essentials!

Theres no harm in investing in some army surplus gear and face protection early on though. The full face masks at most sites are not the best.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr26.html the £25 deal for smock, shirt and trousers in either DPM or Desert DPM is an awesome starting point for your outfit. They also have some good deals on boots.

Definitely a good deal for the outfit!! Thanks.

Anyone from here at Apocolypse249 next Sunday 5th?? Do you think people would mind me holding there rifles to see how they feel??

• Supporters

No, people are usually only too pleased to have the opportunity to go on at length about their guns and show 'em off to people who haven't seen them before.

Archived