gopro

mattsa80
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got a new gopro hero 3 and was wondering how people mount cameras etc. Currently don't have a helmet but it is coming soon so i can run the nvg mount but just thought id ask if people run them on their guns or vests etc. cheers :D

From what I've seen, videos tend to be better when the cameras are mounted to the helmets. When they are mounted to weapons, they produce great snippets of kill footage. However for most of the time, the weapon is lowered resulting in footage the ground or peoples feet.

A helmet mounted camera is good because it provides the footage as if you were there - seeing everything at normal eye level, and always looking around, building a picture of the battleground. If lined up correctly, this method also shows good kill footage.

My GoPro is mounted to the side of my MP5, and it can be really annoying as it protrudes out quite far. I'm going to try and fit it to my assault vest instead (as I don't have any intentions of purchasing a helmet in the near future).

The other alternative, for me, is to get an elastic head band strap and fit the camera that way - won't go with my loadout though! :P

Archived