Help with rails??

Nick8119
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why start 2 threads on exactly the same subject mate??

May also help if you let us know what rifle it is, make etc?

• Supporters

Some guns are slightly different sizes to others, e.g. ICS, so will need the same brand rails to replace the standard handguard, but others may fit with modification. I'm not sure on the compatibility of Classic Army with other brands, you'll have to use Google to find out yourself.

If you want to attach rails onto the current handguard, it can be done and you'll want some of these: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=277_339&products_id=3479

I have two Classic Army M15A3 rifles.

One has a Magpul handguard on it the other a rail like you have linked, it just replaces the existing handguard.

I got mine for £17.99 free postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151098201437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

that second link of yours is exactly the same thing, where are they getting the price?

Ah right, so how well do the rails fit your rifle??

And which would you say is better out of the rails and the magpul handguard??

Also how do you attach it (rails) do you need an adapter or something?

Thanks for the link by the way :)

They do different jobs. Magpul hand guard is a replacement for the standard handguard. It looks 'cool' but to attach things you will have to attach rails to the slots in it.

Metal Quad Rail also just replaces the standard handguard and is retained by the Delta Ring and the ring on the gas block / foresight just like the standard hand guard.

What is different is the Quad rail has 4 machine screws (bolts) that fasten the two halves together and clamp them tight to the Delta Ring and front ring. It makes it completely solid and it can't be opened up like the standard or Magpul.

To my mind the Quad rail is better, you can attach thins straight to it and it stays solid.

My son likes the Magpul because he thinks it looks 'cool' and he can put his battery inside.

I will put up a picture of mine when I get chance but the link you put up to the one on Amazon has some good close up pictures showing how it clamps round the outside of the front and fit into the Delta ring at the back.

Archived