what is the quality of guns like on taiwan gun

chris555
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mostly China made guns. Do not expect super high quality,most of them lack proper,if any Quality control. Hit and miss really,unfortunately lemon rate is higher than good gun rate.

Ian_Gere got a CYMA CM028 that had a well put together gearbox and a properly cast hop up but the dummy head ruined it when he tried to tinker with it :P

CYMA is probably the best ACM company around. Good gearboxes,often not put together well and air seal isn't great, but some re-greasing,re-shimming and angle of engagement correction and a new piston O-ring usually solves it,and hour of work max if you are good with tinkering with things. They are also one of the few companies who put in split rubber buckings,like PDi's W hold and KWA's 2GX in their guns,mostly come in newer models and they are generally good aside from the odd poorly cast one.

CYMA CM028,CM048,CM050 and M14 are the stars of their lineup. Any CYMA over 045 in model will be a half steel VFC AK clone.

I'd say go for any of the VFC clone ones,other are TM clones held together with lots of screws and are a bit weaker and a pain in the ass to disassemble. Cm028 gets mentioned because it's so cheap and good performing,but I say go for a CM045 or above,VFC style and far,far better.

• Supporters

+1 to UTJ although I bought my CM.028U from Action Hobbies for £125+P&P but he's right about her demise - i recently had her in the field again though, but because i'd had her apart so often a lot of the screw holes are less than secure or fucked so she needs tape. Having been able to compare the CYMA and the TM design it was cloned from, I can say that the rumours that the clone is better to shoot than the original are true.

I recently bought a JG V61 Scorpion from Taiwan Gun and it is lovely. The only problem is trigger response, but that's a generic AEP problem and will be sorted (hopefully) by a LiPo & MOSFET. It arrived pretty quick with no customs hassle. I will add however that gunfire.pl (another Polish webby) emailed me recently to ask for my UKARA number because they have had problems with deliveries being held up by UK customs, so I'd tell Taiwan Gun to display yours prominently as part of your address.

Taiwan Gun will fit a downgrade spring for you if you ask them at no extra cost than the spring itself - once that's done there shouldn't be much need to disassemble the gun for a good long while. The thing with my CYMA AK is that she was my 1st AEG and I took her apart knowing full well that there was a good chance it would end in tears, but I wanted to learn how they work - as far as that goes, I did. I also got to try out quite a few upgrade parts too, so I know a bit about what's good, what's hype, and what's shite now also - I've often considered getting another one for the lols, but my next gun will be a CM.048 from Taiwan Gun or gunfire.pl - it depends who has the best price when it comes to somebody actually paying for it...

I'd personally advocate against any AK based off the TM design. It was good back in 200(4?) but when LCT and VFC came out with their pinned and proper takedown construction TM had no way against them,same goes for clones. Difference between a sh*tty TM style CYMA and a Good VFC style CYMA is only about 40£,30£ since Taiwangun is having a sale.

Also check out the Dboys RK()W series,make sure the gun has W as a suffix since it will be 80% steel compared to CYMA 50% steel.

EG:Dboys RK10W.

They have very good externals,actually riveted together,paint comes off easily,however this is good as the real AKs are CED coated,not painted so you can refinish easily. They are VFC clones,very tough externals construction. Main weak points are of course the ever so loved china pot metal,such as the rear leaf sight,gas block and stock trunnion.

Internals are Usable,but not as good as CYMA. They are pretty unreliable I admit,and hop is diabolically sh*t. Dboys is a good option if you want a cheap mostly steel AK body kit,don't expect reliability.

Dboys is more for Russiaphiles who can do internal work,but I'd say go for CYMA for dedicated skirmishing and usability OOTB.

JG AKs I'd say avoid. All TM based design and they have reliability problems with the gearbox,along with not so great hop up.

Archived