making the switch to pc gaming.

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Were not talking though, were typing in text ;)

If your looking at a 680, I think the minimum requirement for it is at least a 550w PSU

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were not talking though, were typing in text ;)

If your looking at a 680, I think the minimum requirement for it is at least a 550w PSU

noted

also found out that what I thought was an ATA hard drive is actually SATA (it's the hard drive thats already in the computer, with the OS on it)

If you want to be playing BF4 on a pc You kinda need to be looking at over £200 for a graphics card, with a pc wrapped around it that will cost circa £800-900.

Just looked at my PSU and its a 800w that may account for the house lights dimming when i start it up :blink:;)

not to bothered about sound as I can't tell the difference with my headphones on so i am going to use the motherboards sound card

SATA II or SATA III?

Harddrives are like a few quid difference but sata III is a lot faster. Also you only need 60-120GB for an OS drive.

Yeah BF3/4 you're looking at over £200 for a GPU, otherwise you're just better off with a console.

But why. Just had a look and SATA III is the same price, if not cheaper. You can get a 1TB for £40...

Also you can pick up 760 starting at £180 on Scan.co.uk

But why. Just had a look and SATA III is the same price, if not cheaper. You can get a 1TB for £40...

the SATA I already have

Amazon is not the place to buy PC components, try ebuyer, aria, scan or novatech.

thankyou both for pointing out scan.co.uk

my I5 processor arrived today, now for the rest to follow. (i bought the processor from amazon as it was the cheapest i could find)

now all I'm waiting for is the motherboard, 8GB ram and my GTX 760.

Archived