making the switch to pc gaming.

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "best" is quite a vague description. Overall performance or performance/cost ratio.

Intel and Nvidia perform the best, however are less cost friendly.

AMD processors will be fine for gaming, Intel processors really only show their full potential when running complex tasks which you wont be doing.

AMD graphics cards are usually great for performance and low cost, however comparing the best cards from each generation, Nvidia always wins handdown, just with a much bigger price tag.

Personally I go Intel and Nvidia every time.

Had issues with AMD graphic drivers which were a pain in the arse so i switched brand. They look cooler and are slightly shorter too. Just get pretty hot and loud.

Depends what program you are using. you can pick up a 6 core AMD for the price of a i5.

And if you can't use multiple cores with that program Intel would be better

Well, to be honest, an intel i5 will always beat an AMD in performence. it's just the fact that, would you pay and extra £70 for it? Do you have ze moneyz?

Well, to be honest, an intel i5 will always beat an AMD in performence. it's just the fact that, would you pay and extra £70 for it? Do you have ze moneyz?

the amd does not have ram with it the I5 does

the amd does not have ram with it the I5 does

well for a good memory card, a good brand is Crucial and they usually cost around £20.... plus shipping which could probably be £25-30 altogether, so you are still saving about £40 which you buy a lot of things with

well for a good memory card, a good brand is Crucial and they usually cost around £20.... plus shipping which could probably be £25-30 altogether, so you are still saving about £40 which you buy a lot of things with

4GB of ram costs about £50-£80 (at least from maplin)

if you wanna build something then you might as well build the best you can, intel is the best processor, Nvidia does the best graphics, i run an AMD and i have regretted it ever since. where as i never regretted my Nvidias

well also i get everything without vat

so the new parts total £319.14 instead of the £382.97 anyone else would pay

which includes

toshiba 2TB hard drive

asus p8h61-mx r2.0 motherboard

intel I5 processor

4GB ram kit

and a geforce GTX650

well also i get everything without vat

so the new parts total £319.14 instead of the £382.97 anyone else would pay

which includes

toshiba 2TB hard drive

asus p8h61-mx r2.0 motherboard

intel I5 processor

4GB ram kit

and a geforce GTX650

Are you planning on OC'ing at all? Will have to change motherboard if you are

should be ok then, I dont see a PSU, CPU cooler or case on that list, have you considered any?

I'm updating an old office PC and whats a PSU?

Archived