M14 EBR which is the best??

Glen666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Gents,

So after playing at badgertacs blue streak Xmas bash my mind turned to presents....for myself of course. I have been looking to get a different rifle stepping out my comfort zone a bit. Since i started Airsoft I have predominately always stuck to the m4 based rifle, cliche I know. So I looked around a bit and I like the look of the M14 and found a few manufacturers have made their own. So my question to you fellas is what are people's opinions of the rifle? And which manufacturer would people recommend??

• Supporters

Cheaply= G&G, expensively TM base in a g&p kit.

Cyma does a TM clone ebr but I'm not sure how good they are- probably not too bad though, KART are crap, avoid at all costs. If you want a GBBR the WE one will be fine but will need a new RA-tech one piece trigger housing.

CYMA has some external durability issues with primarily the lower receiver,namely some warping and cracking because it's low quality zinc. Added to other problems prevalent on the M14 such as the charging handle and front sight snapping. However gearbox is still good as is the hop up for the price,Its also TM style so mags are cheaper and the gearbox motor cage doesn't have a habit of snapping like G&Gs. Gearbox may need some work such as re-greasing,re-shimming and correction of AOE since CYMA has pretty bad,if any,QC. Good internals quality let down by poor external durability.

G&G is sexy,CNC finished Duralumin externals mostly,still some zinc parts like the sights and other small things. Has more comfortable placed hop adjustment than the TM and a stronger mechanism for the charging handle so you can rack it all you like. Gearbox is a bit on the meh side,Motor isn't good and the motor cage is fragile. Probably the best for external quality. Hop up performance is really neat too,really good effective range,farther than your average AEG. Upgrade wise I would jam in an SHS High torque unit and a MOSFET.

KART is just shit. I swear I think they used Lead as a main metal,so stupidly heavy,along with horrific performance. Feels like it's going to snap or shatter with the first drop. Thankfully they are out of production.

From my experiences trigger response was a bit on the crap side on both,more so on the G&G thanks to it's wanktastic motor. Both would benefit from a HT motor and MOSFET(Note: Newer CYMAs come with Neodymium Motors and don't really need replacement on them)

I'd avoid CYMA on this one,externals strength is a bit low for my taste. their standard M14s are really good though.

Also go to a couple of shops and try carrying an EBR around for 20 minutes, they are horrendously heavy, support gun heavy nearly, think about this as you will be carrying it around and massive weight soon gets verrrrrrrry boring in the field

Archived