Airsoft International - Y U NO STOCK?

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knows what high street / normal book shop kind of places might sell AI or some other good airsoft magazine?

I know you can get them digitally anyway but I like having the physical magazine to read. Also I know there is a paper subscription for £45 however at the moment I only want to buy the one or for example I just want this months issue as a Christmas present or something (which I might do because I have no idea what to get a mate or mine)

By the way I already tried WHSmith. They sell a load of model boat collector and fishing enthusiast or doll house upholstery and other shit but no airsoft! I mean surely some of the hobbies they have magazines on in there are less popular / more niché than airsoft?

Thanks

P.S. I have nothing against model boat collectors or fishing enthusiasts etc etc :)

Well that's weird. I tried the WHSmith in the middle of Huddersfield so I would've though they'd do it there if anywhere nearby.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I'm sure I would have seen it.

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

Well that's weird. I tried the WHSmith in the middle of Huddersfield so I would've though they'd do it there if anywhere nearby.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I'm sure I would have seen it.

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

Try asking the cashier or the shelf stacker if they stock any? That's what I do if I'm looking for them after they've been moved etc.

No problem, anything to help a newbie out :)

Yes that's true actually, they do have them, but it's much easier to get stuff whilst I'm in town whereas I don't really want to go to patrol base just for a magazine. Thanks for the help though I did forget about that.

Ah thanks guys, got AI today. I found they're right at the back on the bottom shelf of the sports / shooting section.

I don't know if this has been asked before but just out or interest do you prefer Airsoft Action or Airsoft International?

I subscribe to Airsoft international, but i used to get it from my local news agent, they didn't stock it but they where happy to order it for me.

WH smiths will also do the same if they don't stock it.

They will also tell you what other airsoft magazines there are out there as well.

Both mags have improved quite a lot over the last year or so. AI used to be a load of crap, that recycled the same thing over and over, blatantly copying & pasting others copy without referral, original copy with extremely poor writing and no effort made to proof read their copy before printing, so it was difficult to follow some reports. They've improved, but really still could do with someone reading the copy before it goes to print, as they seem to rely on software to check spelling, etc. Also, they really need to stop printing white letters on black background, as it's very difficult to read for us older readers.

I've got AA on subscription and have always found it a far more intelligent read than AI, although they do branch out into non-airsoft matters that are interesting, but maybe not really strictly airsoft relevant, to fill the mag.

So far as I'm aware, there are only two UK airsoft mags available in store these days, as Recon Rag seems to have stopped being available online. Pity as that was always an interesting read.

Archived