Cheap support weapon?

Russe11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having obtained an MP5 for less than I had planned, I was thinking about maybe getting another gun to fill a different role.

Snipers and DMR's require a lot of expensive modification so thats ruled out.

So what about a support weapon? It should be relatively cheap to build an MG36, its just a G36 with bipod and drum mag.

I was looking at this http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/Jing-Gong-G36-608-4-95p297.htm

Anyone got any experience of the JG G36? Is it any good?

Of course, it would then just need some work on the internals to then have a DMR option as well at some point in the future :)

SRC make dedicated MG36s, with bipod, 'heavy' style barrel, drum mag and 3x integrated sight included. I've only ever seen them on Wolf though. £200 isn't bad for one.

Check out taiwangun.com they've got a selection of cheap JG G36's some of them only require the boxmag (I'd recommend a mechanical box mag over electronic)

SRC make dedicated MG36s, with bipod, 'heavy' style barrel, drum mag and 3x integrated sight included. I've only ever seen them on Wolf though. £200 isn't bad for one.

My friend purchased an SRC MG36 about a month ago and after his first skirmish day with it, he took it back and demanded a refund. Considering SRC is justbbgun's favorite brand, i would stay well clear from it!

Check out taiwangun.com they've got a selection of cheap JG G36's some of them only require the boxmag (I'd recommend a mechanical box mag over electronic)

Mechanical box mag? Do you have an example of such a thing? :-)

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/drum-magazine-for-g36-series-with-sound-control-boyi was the mag I was looking at.

Alternatively I could get the M4 mag well adapter and http://www.taiwangun.com/en/box-magazynek-for-m4-m15

The difference in price between Taiwangun.com and Swindon Airsoft is a tenner on the JG G36. I would say that having a reasonably local retailer if I have any problems is worth a tenner, but it will depend when they are going to be back in stock.

• Supporters

I've got a Gen III SRC G36KV - apart from the stock hop rubber, it's very good.

For a support weapon, the extra long G36 with the bipod built in would seem the best bet. I do like the look of the KV though. What I'm toying with, is the idea of getting a gun that allows me to perform a very different role to my preferred MP5, without spending too much.

dec3a0c931e31c214f244f4d1932ad600fc99911

Although there are a couple of other ideas I had: MP5SD with extended inner tight bore barrel for a bit more accuracy at range, or something a bit more retro, like an FN FAL or G3 :)

• Supporters

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting a G36KV for a support weapon, just that Gen III SRC G36's in general are good, so their MG36 is probably good too, even though JBBG stock it. Worth nailing them down on which Generation they stock though... although that's a point: how would you know it was a Gen II unless you took it apart, but then they could say you couldn't have your money back...?

Archived