Help for Heroes Idea.

Del Monty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

MM we'll all be "super trouper"s in no time! ;)

To be honest I like the idea of the patch, not so much the wrist band I never really look at them. I'm sure something fairly cryptic would be good as it means that people would ask what its all about. I guess it's hard to balance being visible with being tacticool.

Something like the "hit takers" one down at the EAG sites.

Your ideas are great and I am happy to be involved with it if it ever comes good. By the sounds of it you are thinking along the lines of GZ but with a charity focus. H4H are very high profile but their methods can be questionable. The British legion are a charity I support more regularly, but its your baby, if you are set on H4H then its ok.

Perhaps a little fun with a forces acronym might be nice. Or I'd tried AirSOFT = Airsoft Supporters Of Forces T(this is where I ran out of ideas). Or something like SNAFU = Supporters of Nominated Altruistic Forces U(again with the lack of ideas) or change the U to an O and it could be Organisations, then when people go "haha you noob you got that wrong SNAFO should end with a U" and you can respond with what it means.

MM we'll all be "super trouper"s in no time! ;)

To be honest I like the idea of the patch, not so much the wrist band I never really look at them. I'm sure something fairly cryptic would be good as it means that people would ask what its all about. I guess it's hard to balance being visible with being tacticool.

Something like the "hit takers" one down at the EAG sites.

Your ideas are great and I am happy to be involved with it if it ever comes good. By the sounds of it you are thinking along the lines of GZ but with a charity focus. H4H are very high profile but their methods can be questionable. The British legion are a charity I support more regularly, but its your baby, if you are set on H4H then its ok.

Perhaps a little fun with a forces acronym might be nice. Or I'd tried AirSOFT = Airsoft Supporters Of Forces T(this is where I ran out of ideas). Or something like SNAFU = Supporters of Nominated Altruistic Forces U(again with the lack of ideas) or change the U to an O and it could be Organisations, then when people go "haha you noob you got that wrong SNAFO should end with a U" and you can respond with what it means.

The T could be trust so Airsoft Supporters Of Forces Trust again just an idea to complete NickM's idea

• Supporters

I think "Trust" may mean something legal in relation to charities.

Acronyms_Airsoft.jpg

ABC - Airsoft Benevolent Corps...?

• Supporters

Some more/random names ....

----------------------------------------

Airsoft Military Benevolence

Airsoft Supporters Army

Airsoft Charity Group

Supporting Armed Services (SAS)

Airsoft Poppy Brigade

Airsoft Heroes Association

• Supporters

SAS might incur the wrath of some in the forces currently.

AHA sounds a bit like the members would be the hero's see above.

But both good ideas, if I was voting..... out of your list I'd go for AMB Group perhaps. Would make a nice short patch too. The one ACG would allow you to support a wider range of charities if you so choose later on. For example I know many sites support cancer research/support charities. Maybe try Airsofters?

True russle but i keep hearing the owners are paying thenselfs a large wage from everywhere i think the older charities do more combat stress being another good one but the legion and the benevolant fund both sound good to me what about a.good event held some where close to something like the war and peace show coupd be a god.opportunity to get more of the public into the hobby and get sone retailer backing

To open it up for further use after this event and not tying it towards any particular charity so we can do more for other charities not military associated possibly, something like

ACPA.. Airsoft charity players association

I like ACG, its short to the point. the acc rolls off the tongue quite well. its covers you for any charity. its not tacticool but on a patch it will just say ACG so doesnt matter. can come up with a motto as well like, supporting those who supported us.

• Supporters

I like ACG as well and a moto like the one above would work nicely, guess its up to you Del Monty its your baby. I'd buy and wear a patch and make donations, I'd play games that were available but I have a limit of the Northern edge of the M25, I might go slightly further in school holidays for the right event ( a 2 day event perhaps).

Would you be happy with events being run independently perhaps, for example franchising it out a bit, supporters of your idea could organise events at various sites on your behalf and forward on funds raised.

I know EAG do quite a bit for charity, they organise events, get some newspaper types down for a bit of positive local coverage. Like their Worthing Santa special game that is run every year between them and the Ford Ranges airsofters group raises significant funds.

• Supporters

Airsoft Charity Group I think it will be then, it seems to work well.

Just wanted to say thank you for the replies and messages .. never expected this amount of interest so quickly so Thank you to all, its very warming, especially being so close to Christmas :)

Nick, I would be more then happy for people to raise on my behalf, the more help the better.. this will need help from people to even have a chance of working so yes, very much appreciated.

• Supporters

I want to try and do as much as possible, with whatever we can muster .. it gives me endless pride to be even planning this.

Airsoft Charity Supporters Group - ACSG. How does that sound to you all ?

Does it need a name? If you are organising a series of events to raise money for specific charities, give the events different names. Then people can start collecting the patches from each event.

• Supporters

The name is for the supporters of this venture and to have something to work from when organizing events.

I was actually thinking of making military type medals or ribbons for each event done that people can buy to show what they have achieved with each event.

Yer something to build for, so rather than just giving them your money and feeling good. why not give them you money have fun and get something to show for it. I mean you could go either get your own patchs made at an embroidery company which wont be to expensive. if you build the Group up and do events you could go as far to ask companies to made donate things, (Patches, Gear, even guns). they may or may not go for it but i bet you if you organise an event in which a fair amount of people turn up to then companies will want to be seen as helping.

• Supporters

What do you think ?

ACGPatch.jpg

I have edited the original patch idea and added the new name, and a dove silhouette to incorporate charities outside of the military incase we go down that route in the future.

Bear in mind that more colours=higher cost. Consider a plain background that can be either olive drab or Coyote brown, it will keep the costs down and people are more likely to use it.

Archived