what is on your christmas list?

armysurplusandtoys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My birthday is coming up too so, apart from Morena I mentioned above, i'm trying to squeeze in some tropentarn G36 mag pouches, but they're unrelentingly expensive for surplus kit so I dunno...

We talking MOLLE, Ian? http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=7039

The camo's not exactly tropentarn but It's pretty damn close

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Thanks Tac, but I need enough for 8 mags so I'd have to stack those shingles which probably wouldn't work well on the vest I want 'em for, this'n:

$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHBzBS!KTUFsPg~~60_12.J

TBH, if the surplus German Army double pouches do fit, it'll be sideways (but I have hopes for that b/c the vest label is German, even though it's US 3 colour desert camo) but if not, I'm pretty sure I can Malice Clip 'em on. I'm going to make this vest work with pouches for at least 1 of my guns though b/c it's so comfy and fits tight enough that I may be able to skirmish in it without a back support (woohoo :) ).

Once I add the famous Begadi card handling fee and shipping, the cost is pretty similar to getting the surplus ones anyway, so nah... but thanks for the linky cos I didn't even know they do a tropentarn-ish camo and it may come in useful for OP: SHINING LIGHT if I decide against Islamic civvies as a loadout in the end.

That vest is LKS based- as long as the surplus German pouches you mentioned aren't IDZ system they should fit. Here's some LKS pouches- the desert flecktarn ones are at the bottom: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/camouflagekit_flecktarn_pouches.html

It's £98 for 8 single mag pouches or £73 for 4 double mag pouches. Still pricey, but it's genuine stuff and German made at that.

edit: the LKS pouches should fit on like they do on the webbing in this photo:

24wbpcw.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah, it's those ones at the bottom that I was talking about. So they definitely will fit that vest?

Yeah, it's those ones at the bottom that I was talking about. So they definitely will fit that vest?

They should do- I'm struggling to find pics of the back of complete LKS webbing to see how the pouches are fitted, although I'm sure the guys at flecktarn will be able to help you out if you ask for a pic of some LKS pouches mounted onto an LKS belt.

Thanks Tac, but I need enough for 8 mags so I'd have to stack those shingles which probably wouldn't work well on the vest I want 'em for, this'n:

$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHBzBS!KTUFsPg~~60_12.J

TBH, if the surplus German Army double pouches do fit, it'll be sideways (but I have hopes for that b/c the vest label is German, even though it's US 3 colour desert camo) but if not, I'm pretty sure I can Malice Clip 'em on. I'm going to make this vest work with pouches for at least 1 of my guns though b/c it's so comfy and fits tight enough that I may be able to skirmish in it without a back support (woohoo :) ).

Once I add the famous Begadi card handling fee and shipping, the cost is pretty similar to getting the surplus ones anyway, so nah... but thanks for the linky cos I didn't even know they do a tropentarn-ish camo and it may come in useful for OP: SHINING LIGHT if I decide against Islamic civvies as a loadout in the end.

The trick with Begadi is buy it through amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/BE-X-magazine-pouch-MOLLE-magazines/dp/B00B0L314U/ref=sr_1_31?m=A39G5YL4BIP51H&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1387773765&sr=1-31&keywords=tropical

Look they even have your favourite camo on amazon :Dhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/BE-X-Fieldjacket-made-Cotton-Rhodesia-Style/dp/B0086KJ5S4/ref=sr_1_2?m=A39G5YL4BIP51H&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1387774075&sr=1-2&keywords=opfor

• Supporters

Damn it..... There isn't an Emma Watson shaped packaged under the tree. Pants!

• Supporters

Pants? Oh, there'll be pants in there somewhere :lol:

• Supporters

Well, since what I wanted was to be left alone away from the whole arsery of xmas, I only got a few phone calls and no visitors, so yeah, mostly :)

unrustle_thine_jimmies i had the same conversation with my sister today. she has exams and has been revising and doing the homework. Life is hard and it feels like the school/uni seems to make to not feel like you have no life but when you have a job it never seems to stop and its more like a training exercise preparing you for battle!! well i must say the last part i did not quite put it like that but still it was very close. While i have a moment i wish all the best of luck in your exams as they will help in life.

Archived