what is on your christmas list?

armysurplusandtoys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Jennifer Lawrence.

Dunno how generous Santa is though...

• Supporters

Morena Baccarin...

I think I'll end up getting a CM.048 and name her 'Morena' though.

If anybody gave me hankies I'd know they didn't like me. I mean really, snot isn't something I have a major problem with, but I've never felt the desire to carry it around with me once outside my nostrils ffs!

http://www.sgairsoft.biz/dublin/index.php/component/virtuemart/electric-airsoft-gun-aeg/ak-47/lct-tk105-nv-detail?Itemid=0

Or at least some money towards it so I can buy it sometime next year,it's either this,an E&L AK105, or a Hicapa.

Still on course for the ghk g5 but the elves seem to have magically ordered a real sword type 97b as an extra special gift too for being such a good boy this year.......

Silly elves

• Supporters

Yeah, I've considered giving one of those Type 97's a go. They take M4 mags (STANAG), right? It's kind of a good compromise between wanting to carry an opfor weapon and wanting to be able to swap mags in the field with team mates carrying the ubiquitous AR15 variants.

I have to say though that i'm also considering putting a handmade pistol grip, which significantly increases the dimension between the backstrap of the grip and the trigger, onto an LR300 - it's the extendible stock :) it looks so cool :D That said I may put one of those stocks on a CM.039C at some point. Does anybody know if you can get the hand guard of the NXL variant in an airsoft version?

LRs.jpg

Yeah, I've considered giving one of those Type 97's a go. They take M4 mags (STANAG), right?

LRs.jpg

Yes Ian, stanag mags in the type 97 and 97b, apparently they can be a little picky on what type of mags used but most seem to work and those who have had feed problems are probably the guys who don't clean anything etc, I just like to be a little different and it's not like you see many real sword rifles in the field

• Supporters

You mean the CM.039C, AS&T? It's pig ugly but in a good way, I think.

As well as swapping the stock, I'd take the polymer RIS off it and replace with an aluminium one and put a PEQ equipped with an IR laser and IR illuminater on the left side and a 2 x 18650 XML T6 torch on the right; an Elcan Spectre replica on the top rail for day with a green laser on a 45 deg rail adapter off the left side just in front of the Elcan with mousetail down to the pistol grip, and when I can eventually afford it, an NV scope for night; AK Beta midcaps in clamped pairs; a custom 3xmicroswitch pressure pad heat-shrinked in a finger width spaced line attached to the foregrip to control the PEQ & torch; aluminium foregrip with a channel for the pressure switch.

Even stock, a pig ugly gun like that needs the right loadout: all black would do it, or shadow camo BDU's with black WAS rig, even ACU under a black rig would do it.

If you mean the CM.048 I mentioned before - I love it. It's the classic Russian Formed Arces gun - iconic for that, but also, especially with a GP-25 slung under it, it's so obviously a product of it's era. What's so interesting about this is that the aesthetic is 'form follows function' and yet it's so obviously different from the Bauhaus school. I find it difficult to describe without talking in overused cliches which completely gloss over the intricacies of what I'm talking about - which is ironic since so many of those cliches are about unsubtlety, proletarian lack of sophistication, 'brutality', impersonal, bla bla bla... and yet there we have the AK-74 gas block and the fluting of the wooden stock.

the belts are really good let me know if you want any i have quite a lot

Thanks for the offer mate, I've found a supplier who can cut me a deal on a belt + yoke + water bottle pouch + utility pouch + mag pouch x2 combo- £85 for the lot! :D

I'm getting:

a couple patches (Patrol Base and BB Bastard)

a MC copy hat (can't remember brand)

a new CQC face mask (the zombie skull one Patrol Base stock)

MC copy 32L backpack

ESS ICE 3s

If I get any money I need to decide whether I want to get a WE 882 (552 replica) holographic + B&T Tracer unit or start off my ATACS loadout and buy Revenger Gear ACU trousers and UBACS (but I won't be able to complete it for ages until I can afford the Condor PC, boonie hat etc)

EDIT: Gonna get a B&T Tracer unit and one bottle of BBs for it, then the ATACS UBACS which altogether comes to £88-£89 (going to pick up tracer from Patrol Base because I live 10 mins away)

Then I'll get an 882 when I can afford to buy MP5 rail too (+ lens protectors from Taiwan Gun along with other stuff)

ok jedi knight sound good if you have a big wallet its good but i really like the AOR2 what do you think?

I do like AOR2, it's a great pattern for woodland, but the ZDT/ DEVGRU inspired loadout I am going for needs AOR1, it will certainly be repro stuff though (Can't afford Crye/ LBT etc i'm afraid!)

As I don't really expect much for Christmas and my Mum doesn't really want me to have an airsoft gun (I'm also quite young). Probably something fun and designed for pissing about in the garden. As menkind has opened for Christmas in my local shopping center. I'd like a bb gun set that comes with unjamming rod, bb paintballs, firing glasses and a springer. Also don't bitch about me not getting an AEG. Its £20 and like I said prior. My parents don't want me owning something too big/powerful/expensive at the moment!

1350467769-20978000.png

• Supporters

2 things i'm deffo getting are a new pair of Pyrohide & Kevlar gloves, with padding on the fingers as well as the knuckles, and a Soviet SSH68 Helmet.

My birthday is coming up too so, apart from Morena I mentioned above, i'm trying to squeeze in some tropentarn G36 mag pouches, but they're unrelentingly expensive for surplus kit so I dunno...

Archived