Single use grenades

kirvesuk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I might be after something that doesn't exist here, but im after suggestions for a disposable grenade that actually fires something out when it detonates. I've used a few tlsfx ball grenades but im not convinced the peas ever actually get fired out, they just seem to fall out afterwards. The enola gaye field grenade doesn't get amazing reviews either.

Do I have any other options?

Cheers!

The only thing there really are, are the pea grenades and they're fairly crap in terms of actually hitting people hence why most people or sites don't bother with them

• Supporters

I like pea grenades. Not b/c they supposedly fire peas out, I'm with you on the scepticism, but b/c they are round and a damn site easier to throw on target than MK5 or MK9 flashbangs.

I don't know of anything single use that fires BB's for eg. Shame really, it shouldn't be much of a challenge to manufacture.

• Supporters

I once had a pea granade rolled between my legs (I was standing, and didn't know it was there) it went off.

I looked round too see where the nade had landed etc, the Marshall behind me, just looked and all he said was "dude you are soo dead" and pointed at what was left of the nade.

I felt nothing . . . but I did check my bits . . . just in case ;):D

How could you not hear it going off under you??

One thing i do like about pea grenades is that they do fit in actual grenade pouches unlike the thunderflash sticks

• Supporters

How could you not hear it going off under you??

One thing i do like about pea grenades is that they do fit in actual grenade pouches unlike the thunderflash sticks

ooh i heard it (hence looking round too see if i was in the kill radius), however my ears were ringing (alot of pyro was used that day), and my hearing is not that good any way, so i couldnt tell were the hell it had landed :lol::lol: .

I think you guys are right, I should just get everyone to accept a hit from a pea grenade at 5m or less, and not actually worry where the peas go! I am lucky enough to be the organiser of some events so I can pretty much set the rules :-)

Hard go believe in this day and age though you can't get peas shooting out properly!

This is what I use, may be along the lines of what your after. The cases are single use but you need to keep the firing mechanism to use it again.

I think you guys are right, I should just get everyone to accept a hit from a pea grenade at 5m or less, and not actually worry where the peas go! I am lucky enough to be the organiser of some events so I can pretty much set the rules :-)

Hard go believe in this day and age though you can't get peas shooting out properly!

The main reason they're banned at our site is because it's indoors and the dried peas attract rats and mice. The 5m rule is the best idea.

• Supporters

I've had my eye on those Thunder B's for a while now. They are sooooo cool and you can put anything inside 'em - I'm thinking cheapest 0.12g BB's and flour :lol: can you imagine it? Huge cloud to go with the huge bang and shrapnel! But it's not just the plastic case that's single use, it's a 12g CO² bulb too. Worth it though, but not exactly the money saver a BFG is.

I have to say that I'm slightly concerned about how big a bang they make: 130dB iirc, which is 'kin loud - over twice as loud as an artic truck driving past you. Even out in the open, one of them going off next to you would make your ears ring as much as standing next to the bass bins at a big gig, which is an indication that cochlear damage has occurred. It does turn into a missile briefly also...

• Supporters

I've had my eye on those Thunder B's for a while now. They are sooooo cool and you can put anything inside 'em - I'm thinking cheapest 0.12g BB's and flour :lol: can you imagine it? Huge cloud to go with the huge bang and shrapnel! But it's not just the plastic case that's single use, it's a 12g CO² bulb too. Worth it though, but not exactly the money saver a BFG is.

I have to say that I'm slightly concerned about how big a bang they make: 130dB iirc, which is 'kin loud - over twice as loud as an artic truck driving past you. Even out in the open, one of them going off next to you would make your ears ring as much as standing next to the bass bins at a big gig, which is an indication that cochlear damage has occurred. It does turn into a missile briefly also...

I was wondering about the sound level too. Enola Gaye Flash grenades are rated at 120dB(A) max at 5 metres and they are REALLY loud in a CQB environment at least (seem louder than a mk5 at the same range).

• Supporters

A bloke at the last event I went to was using crow scarers which were loud and cheap!

That's fine if your sites insurance covers them.

Archived