BFGs

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

well i can confirm that osprey smoke grenade pouches are too big, and it is possible for an ohshiboom to fall out :(:( .

i have a bid on 2 osprey 9mm pouches atm though as i am pretty sure they will fit, as on my last skirmish i tried a mates, i think it was osprey, and it fitted quite snugly, but i will know more when/if i win the auction and have tried them.

I tested the shake test myself today. I put on a welding gauntlet, pulled the pin and shook the hell out of the ohshiboom. I was really impressed, it didn't go off. The guys who designed this are brilliant.

well i can confirm that osprey smoke grenade pouches are too big, and it is possible for an ohshiboom to fall out :(:( .

i have a bid on 2 osprey 9mm pouches atm though as i am pretty sure they will fit, as on my last skirmish i tried a mates, i think it was osprey, and it fitted quite snugly, but i will know more when/if i win the auction and have tried them.

I'll let you know how I get on with the one I've ordered. I'd rather it be a bit too big so it's easy to get in and out than too small.

• Supporters

I'll let you know how I get on with the one I've ordered. I'd rather it be a bit too big so it's easy to get in and out than too small.

I agree, that said though too big is bad, you don't want to loose it :(

won the auction £3.20 (plus £3.20 delivery) for 2 9mm osprey pouches :D:D:D

• Supporters

Too big, that's for dynatex style timed grenades. Use a 40mm grenade pouch.

Oh, you know, just because...

...I mean the bloke spends enough on his kit to know what he's on about

...and I feel pretty sure James didn't type that for the good of his health

...nor is he known for talking out of his arse

• Supporters

Just came across these:

$_12.JPG

I keep my guitar picks in a Kendal mint cake tin, so I've used that. I've lined the tin with the foam padding that the ohshiboom came in. It keeps the primers loose so they're easy to pick up with gloves on and the tin protects it from shots.

I now need a new pouch for the tin!

think I will definitely copy your idea on that one!

• Supporters

length of paracord... you could make that yourself in about 15 minutes for 20 pence!

I know i couldn't make the knots anywhere near so neat without a fair bit of practice 1st and even if i can find the 3 different clips sold in ones, once the postage for them goes on the bill, that's 1/2 the price of the ready made even if i could get all the clips from the same place. I'm well up for making things myself and I'd cheerfully come up with something if/when I get a BFG, but it wouldn't be so gucci looking.

The grenade pouched from flecktarn arrived today. They fit really well, especially with the extra large keyring I put on the grenade.

The only problem is I ordered 2 of them in the wrong camo... :(

post-8040-0-82538100-1386413396_thumb.jpg

post-8040-0-94180000-1386413421_thumb.jpg

the only problem i have with velcro pouches are the noise they make when you open them.

when your trying to hide and not give you position away its not easy trying to get one of these out of a pouch quietly.

I'm waiting to receive a grenade holster from America and hopefully it will fit my Oshi's without a problem

I was waiting for my new plate carrier to arrive before I put my new pouch on. Although it's the wrong camo, you only really notice close up as the Velcro covers up pouch. Glad I bought 2 for my next BFG.

post-8040-0-98270700-1386596264_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

That's what puts me off oshibooms, you'd think that when they were designing them that they might have thought that people might want to put them in pouches and designed them so they'd fit most normal grenade pouches.

• Supporters

That's what puts me off oshibooms, you'd think that when they were designing them that they might have thought that people might want to put them in pouches and designed them so they'd fit most normal grenade pouches.

therein lies a problem, ohshiboom is too tall to fit in a osprey grenade pouch (the extra needed for the mechanism), yet if they made it wider for the osprey smoke grenede pouch it would be too wayy too heavy (its not light to begin with).

its a compromise, but i think it may be closer to the 40mm grenade size.

• Supporters

At 116mm x 38mm they are made to fit perfectly into 40mm nade pouches. As James said. On the 1st page. <= As sp00n pointed out to me, this is wrong: it wasn't on the first page, it was the previous page. Apologies for posting while 1/2 asleep.

• Supporters

The WAS 40mm grenade pouches will happily fit Enola Gaye flash grenades and they are 38mmx130mm

http://www.uktactical.com/p-4405-warrior-double-40mm-grenade-multicam.aspx

• Supporters

Too big, that's for dynatex style timed grenades. Use a 40mm grenade pouch.

A week ago, since then you lot have collectively spent enough money on useless pouches to have bought another grenade!

for an Ohshiboom or a SWAT BFGx or Dynatex impact THIS is what you need:

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtop3nx.html

They are a PERFECT fit, because they were designed to be the same size as a 40mm grenade,

Archived