BFGs

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

The reason I haven't got a BFG so far is because I know I'll lose the whole 'kin grenade, never mind the pin!

Although I'm thinking about using a cunning plan...

$T2eC16RHJHMFH!!f8J7yBSb3piWp,Q~~60_12.J

The reason I haven't got a BFG so far is because I know I'll lose the whole 'kin grenade, never mind the pin!

Although I'm thinking about using a cunning plan...

$T2eC16RHJHMFH!!f8J7yBSb3piWp,Q~~60_12.J

That's a good idea until the grenade lands on the fob when it's thrown and breaks it. There must be something out there that makes finding it easy!

• Supporters

Yeah, that's true. I was planning on adding something to the fob to make it water resistant, but yeah something for structural support might be necessary. Or a piece of paracord tied around the grenade with a 6" tail for the fob to attach to the end.

• Supporters

I could use a fishing rod to cast the grenade more accurately then. U r geniuz u iz :lol:

A lot of people with the oshi's use reflective tape stuck around it so when you shine a decent torch on it you can see it pretty much anywhere, thats what ive done with mine anyway. I've also put some red tape on it with my name on it.

Was looking at some sort of key fob for the pin, but i have heard of people attaching para-cord to the unit itself so when you throw it, it has a sort of tail so you can see easily where it is flying, or long enough for you to keep hold of it.

• Supporters

Even in CQB I've seen grenades get 'lost', best to mark them up in some distinctive and permanent fashion!

Exactly. "Lost".

A lot of people with the oshi's use reflective tape stuck around it so when you shine a decent torch on it you can see it pretty much anywhere, thats what ive done with mine anyway. I've also put some red tape on it with my name on it.

Yeah, amazing how easily tape comes off stuff which gets thrown around. It must be the twigs or rubble or something, although it's strange how things get lost easier on large sites with lots of players who don't know each other...

Was looking at some sort of key fob for the pin, but i have heard of people attaching para-cord to the unit itself so when you throw it, it has a sort of tail so you can see easily where it is flying, or long enough for you to keep hold of it.

I think it's ribbon so you can see where it went easier. I spose that for CQB use you probably could attach it to you with paracord, but I can underarm bowl a good 40m if I put my mind to it, the sort of distances I'd need to throw to get a nade from a foxhole/etc. into a trench at my home site and 40m of paracord loose enough to deploy quickly is a tanglemare waiting to happen!

Oh yeah, and last night I had a look on fleabay - you can get a set of 36 alphanumeric hardened steel punches for less than a tenner.

• Supporters

Just fleabay searched that, Marcus. Was disappointed really - bit of bright coloured bootlace stylee string. But I did also get this, which might do for CQB.

I used mine loads yesterday.

Combat south are by far the cheapest place to get the primers. the likes of socom tactical buy from CS at £4 and resell at a £11! Also CS have trhe police training grenades that IMO are better made than the oshiboom grenades!

• Supporters

I used mine loads yesterday.

Combat south are by far the cheapest place to get the primers. the likes of socom tactical buy from CS at £4 and resell at a £11! Also CS have trhe police training grenades that IMO are better made than the oshiboom grenades!

the police grenades aren't on their website, as with so much of their stock! how much are they charging for them?

• Supporters

^^Took the words right out of my mouth!

I paid £80 for mine. They are used but are rock solid.

Mine has never failed to go off in the 40-50 times i have thrown it!

• Supporters

Are they designed for 12g blanks, Sam?

Skirmish CQB is held in a place the old bill use for training and there's a fair few used 12g blanks lying around.

Does that mean that the adapter Combat South sell with their .209 primers fits the police distraction device?

• Supporters

Just fleabay searched that, Marcus. Was disappointed really - bit of bright coloured bootlace stylee string. But I did also get this, which might do for CQB.

Not what I mean lol, I can't remember what they're called, but they clip on the things and are retractable- they'd make losing the pins very hard.

I'll have a think and see If I can remember what they're named.

hm, don't make the tails too long or they may become a hazard.. as for pins and splitpins.. I just clipped a lot of metal wire int inch long pieces with a small loop on the end.

60? damn, probably paid something like that for my bfgs 2nd hand!

Not what I mean lol, I can't remember what they're called, but they clip on the things and are retractable- they'd make losing the pins very hard.

I'll have a think and see If I can remember what they're named.

You mean one of these?

post-8040-0-90474100-1386005762_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

The ring on the pin on the Ohshibooms is a nice size for going through your finger even in gloves although I love your idea for the retractable lanyards on them, I had one of those for my bar key when I worked in a pub. They were a couple of quid at Timpsons. you wont need to use a larger ring but make sure you have a spare just in case. I'm getting a pair for my kit now! Great idea.

I've marked mine with dots of a bright colour nail varnish nicked from the Mrs round the top of the wobble head, and a turks head in para cord, this allows a tail to be attached, I was thinking of doing a 2 ft length of bright ribbon like red or something. the turks head also stops it rolling too much. As for marking it, maybe try putting an identifying mark somewhere where it wont be seen easily, I've got one under the wobble head and next to the pin inside the adapter. That way if someone has picked mine up and they are challenged I will be able to describe how I have mine marked in a unique way.

I put my initials in books that I loan out, but not in the front page, because that can be ripped out without damaging the reading experience, I put them on a specific page number in a specific colour ink. No way anyone can mistake it for anything other than mine.

Archived