BFGs

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Stopped by combat south today and they do sell the exact shotgun primers that ohshiboom sell but for £3 less and obviously no postage. So basically 2 for the price of one on bangs :)

Now I have a new problem! How am I going to carry these things into a skirmish that's;

A. Easy to reprime the grenade with gloves on.

B. I don't drop the box and I'm left scrambling for the primers.

post-8040-0-43245300-1386086099_thumb.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I use a small Maglite box that I glued some sponge into a thick bit on one side, and thin on the lid, then I melted some cross shapes 10 of them into the thick side, not quite all the way through. It fits into my admin panel, doesn't rattle and no chance of bbs hitting them or them being squashed if I roll on them.

I'd love to get a mag that would hold them but I use the 9mm ones and they have a lip round the bottom so wouldn't fit very well. There was a guy using a clipper strip type arrangement, the ones that hold rounds for speed loading mags. Was thinking they could be mounted on the front of the vest perhaps.

Really? I'll have to get down there then. The cheapest online was from ohshiboom for £9.20 delivered but they're all out. I found another site that had them for £14 delivered.

see they are £5 per hundred now, been a while since i brought my last load :D

• Supporters

Hmmm my thoughts are better to be safe than sorry hence my current stance of keeping them in a box when not in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQ4ff2VqZY

• Supporters

He does say air rifle but also says a BB is being fired not a pellet.

I realise it is a point blank shot from probably a higher powered gun than we use but in the interests of not wanting to be the test case I'll keep them in something sensible.

You are all welcome to think I'm over safe about it but I'll stick to my system. Might even try a tobacco tin perhaps if the Maglite box breaks

• Supporters

If I'm not mistaken the bird shot was in the shotgun shell. And the hole in the shotgun primer is about the right diameter to be a 6mm ish size bb. The first bang in the slow mo is not the air rifle.

When someone has a Sniper they don't mind writing off and does some videos of it hitting blanks I'll revise by opinion, until then with limited data I'll stick with safe rather than sorry.

smooth bore air rifles can shoot metal bbs.

they are generally either .177 (approx 4.5mm) or .22 (approx 5.5mm), the mentioned bird shot definitely refers to the shotgun shell..

I doubt an airsoft gun would accomplish anything like that (yes.. I know someone will prove me wrong). The rifle looks like an air rifle and it also look like a lower end one, which are likely to be smooth bore. He does mention both pellet and bb and might just not know the difference.

Stopped by combat south today and they do sell the exact shotgun primers that ohshiboom sell but for £3 less and obviously no postage. So basically 2 for the price of one on bangs :)

Now I have a new problem! How am I going to carry these things into a skirmish that's;

A. Easy to reprime the grenade with gloves on.
B. I don't drop the box and I'm left scrambling for the primers.

B: cut the plastic part into a section with 10 and made a small cover for it, so you push and you get two primers. also I usually have a few lose in pockets/pouches. I try to never have more than 1-2 in each pocket, just in case.

I'd take a picture but I dont have it here.. but if you look in the top row, of the molle on the right:

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/435/p1060557a.jpg

• Supporters

I can believe that one of our BB's could set a shotgun primer off, but probably not through pocket cloth. I'd be flabbergasted (literally, I will be gasting with flabber to completion*) if the compression wave could be sufficiently powerful, without a casing or barrel, to set another one off. I'm also convinced that the worst injury you could sustain as a result is a slight bruise with a blister on it, although I dare say it could be slight leaky bum bum moment...

* and someone can bloody film it!

I keep my guitar picks in a Kendal mint cake tin, so I've used that. I've lined the tin with the foam padding that the ohshiboom came in. It keeps the primers loose so they're easy to pick up with gloves on and the tin protects it from shots.

I now need a new pouch for the tin!

post-8040-0-23113200-1386162704_thumb.jpg

post-8040-0-47868700-1386163036_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Because yanks can never do anything without going over the top and short of putting an extra leg on them, 5 more pockets it is...?

Had about 6 throws with it tonight. It's brilliant, never faulted once. I wish I could say the same about my throwing skills!

The pouch was useless, it fell out about 4 times. Lucky the lanyard caught it before I either lost it or the pin fell out.

Archived