BFGs

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been interested in getting a BFG. I've decided I want an impact one, not a timed one. I really like the look of the ohshiboom, they look really quick and easy to reload. What's everybody else opion on them and have you had any experience with other brands?

Also a quick question on site rules. My site says nothing larger than a 9mm or mk5. Does that mean a shotgun primer ohshiboom isn't allowed?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotgun primer is smaller than a 9mm so should be allowed.

• Supporters

Not indoors, people will know about it if you chuck either one at them. That said, dynatex style impact grenades are easier to reload than oshiboom style ones, albeit with less sensitivity.

So Dynatex don't go off sometimes?

Yeah, same with the swat ones, if they land on the end instead of the side there's a chance they won't go off. I don't think it's an issue with oshiboom ones though, completely different firing mechanism.

I've never read a bad review on the ohshiboom that's why I've decided to go with them.

swat sell them, z1 sell them. have a Google around

• Supporters

once ohshiboom sorted my adapter out, mine been great :D

and its more sensitive then they say, i chucked (not too hard, and under arm of course) mine a few weeks ago and it hit a bush mid distance .... it went off lol :lol::lol:

point to note at my local site they only allow BFG's in open areas :( and its very loud on primers :o:P

keep a look out for cheap primers, i mannaged to get 300 for £15 a few months ago when z1 had them on offer.

Been using timed BFGs with shotgun primers (which I'd say is smaller than .22 small). loud enough for out or indoor imo. No one have ever failed to take their hits*

one reason I've choose timed is the impact, at least dynatex, seems to be less reliable. my timed ones have never failed me. also with the timed ones you can do things like rolling them on the ground or reaching around a corner and planting them on the other side of a wall.

also remember you're only allowed underhand throws (to prevent them from hitting someone in the head), how far can you throw it underhand before it hits the ground? thou if they are indeed sensitive / reliable, you could use impact grenades to make traps. that sounds like a real cool idea.

Slight off topic, but with some gas powered ones (tornado), timed seems to be very unreliable. while the impact ones seems to be very reliable. Maybe oshi impact uses a similar mechanism?

*apart from one person a rental and I think he thought it was a distraction device (which is fair enough if no one explained), who took his hit as soon as I told him "you're dead mate" and pointed to the grenade that was laying dead centre between his feet

• Supporters

whhhhhhattttttttttttttttt??? can anyone explain to me what a bfg is? Big f*cking Gun? big fudge gauge? black ferocious g18?

You're googlefoo is weak my young padawan,

170674.jpg

Alternatively you could try "Airsoft BFG" you get links to the SWAT and OhShiBoom types.

my team uses oshi's and they are pretty good.

They've released a new designed one as well with a new pin design. Just waiting for them to release the new pin style for the older models.

my team uses oshi's and they are pretty good.

They've released a new designed one as well with a new pin design. Just waiting for them to release the new pin style for the older models.

Is that the ohshiboom shock?

combat south do the primers £4 for 100

Really? I'll have to get down there then. The cheapest online was from ohshiboom for £9.20 delivered but they're all out. I found another site that had them for £14 delivered.

Been using timed BFGs with shotgun primers (which I'd say is smaller than .22 small). loud enough for out or indoor imo. No one have ever failed to take their hits*

one reason I've choose timed is the impact, at least dynatex, seems to be less reliable. my timed ones have never failed me. also with the timed ones you can do things like rolling them on the ground or reaching around a corner and planting them on the other side of a wall.

also remember you're only allowed underhand throws (to prevent them from hitting someone in the head), how far can you throw it underhand before it hits the ground? thou if they are indeed sensitive / reliable, you could use impact grenades to make traps. that sounds like a real cool idea.

Slight off topic, but with some gas powered ones (tornado), timed seems to be very unreliable. while the impact ones seems to be very reliable. Maybe oshi impact uses a similar mechanism?

*apart from one person a rental and I think he thought it was a distraction device (which is fair enough if no one explained), who took his hit as soon as I told him "you're dead mate" and pointed to the grenade that was laying dead centre between his feet

My plan is to get one of each. Impact for indoor/urban and timed for outside. I think the impact bfg have trouble going off on grass but I have read reviews of people saying their ohshiboom goes off on a matress

I realise that these things get beaten up as they're tossed around the ground. Has anyone come up with any ideas how to reduce the damage though?

I've been looking around work and found some plastic wrap. It's the stuff you might see around wine bottles to stop them from being damaged in transit. I'll try it out when it comes and see if it has any impact on the grenade going off when thrown.

post-8040-0-65459300-1385941346_thumb.jpg

it will get scruffs n marks.. but it should be designed to not be damaged.

I would not recommend anyone to use low vis colours. also, even thou it is yellow remember to have a distinctice marking (that plastic warp could work for this purpose). I know some people put glow in the dark or reflective tape on them to find it easyer. I recently added my phone number and email to mine as it's nearly got lost a few too many times!

one thing that can be really annoying is when you know what room you throw it in (or think you know approcimatly), and later when you gonna pick it up its gone. you look around for ages and then when you've given up, someone given it to a marshall. sure it's meant well but it can be really annoying.

it will get scruffs n marks.. but it should be designed to not be damaged.

I would not recommend anyone to use low vis colours. also, even thou it is yellow remember to have a distinctice marking (that plastic warp could work for this purpose). I know some people put glow in the dark or reflective tape on them to find it easyer. I recently added my phone number and email to mine as it's nearly got lost a few too many times!

one thing that can be really annoying is when you know what room you throw it in (or think you know approcimatly), and later when you gonna pick it up its gone. you look around for ages and then when you've given up, someone given it to a marshall. sure it's meant well but it can be really annoying.

I've just paid £60 for it, I won't be leaving the area until I've picked it up! If I'm alive or dead is irrelevant. I've got some reflective tape from work which I'm putting on it. I'm thinking of stamping my name on it too.

What are the rings like on the pin? Are they small like a keyring or a big bigger? I've acquired some large ones from work and a retractable lanyard so I don't drop it.

post-8040-0-96800300-1385948010_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

^^Good ideas, Cheek!

Archived