G&G MP5's with built in batteries

Russe11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to upgrade to a better quality of MP5 as soon as I get my Xmas bonus. I have considered a G&G top tech, but then I noticed that there exists a version where the battery is built into the foregrip.

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/submachine-guns/gen-2-tgm-a4-rtb-blowback-mp5-a5-with-batteries-aeg-gng

Is there some problem with these? There must be a reason they are listed on so few web sites? Are they not just the top tech with a different handguard and battery connector?

The price at £30 more than the standard top tech, seems good considering you get 2 lipo's and a charger and then never have to worry about wires getting in the way. I'm worried though that this is something they tried and never caught on so it may be impossible to get replacement batteries in the future. Shame really because its a brilliant idea.

• Supporters

I'm sure I've read about battery contact issues somewhere...

I think the other thing is that no one has any real problems with normal lipos etc so a gun having proprietary parts, charger and stuff is just hassle.

The navy style angled handguard that the G&G MP5 you mentioned uses wobbles around , so that'd cause contact issues unless you taped it so it wouldn't move- but that's extra hassle compared to other MP5s which use normal batteries.

I'd actually suggest a Marui MP5- my Cyma's cloned off them and the range is just crazy- there might be less muzzle velocity on TM MP5s in comparison to the Cyma though.

• Supporters

I'd actually suggest a Marui MP5- my Cyma's cloned off them and the range is just crazy- there might be less muzzle velocity on TM MP5s in comparison to the Cyma though.

And it's plastic, best option these days is an ICS (also TM clone) or the Classic army B&T. Or to save a bit, the Cyma is still a good option.

That said batteries are a pain on most mp5s without hideous solid stocks, it's been years that i've had mine and I still struggle to get even lipos in the handguard :lol:

Ive got the G&G MP5 with the silencer. Ive got a separate 7V LiPO in the cylindrical foregrip and its no bother, just dont lose the little clips. Theres no wobble and its a TopTech metal gun.

Really would have thought they would make the foregrip more solid if you don't need space inside for the battery. Guess that is a bit of a design flaw.

I already have an MP5SD so will probably go with a normal MP5. MP5SD foregrips are surprisingly easy to get batteries into though.

I would guess that the foregrip on the top tech would actually be quite solid compared to other foregrips judging by the way it looks. I may have to go for one of these:

TGM%20A5%20Retractable.jpg

Have a talk to the guys at Pro Airsoft Supplies.

They have all these in stock and even though they are a bit far for a shop visit, they will be able to talk you through the options. Ive bought all my TOPTech stuff from them and have found them knowledgeable.

Classic Army B&T is superb!

As for batteries in the handguard: apart for the connector issue mentioned.. I rarely like OEM solutions, getting spares/extras (batteries/chargers/connectors/aeg parts) must be a real hassle.. and are you gonna carry an extra handguard to the skirmishes then?

• Supporters

Really would have thought they would make the foregrip more solid if you don't need space inside for the battery. Guess that is a bit of a design flaw.

I already have an MP5SD so will probably go with a normal MP5. MP5SD foregrips are surprisingly easy to get batteries into though.

I would guess that the foregrip on the top tech would actually be quite solid compared to other foregrips judging by the way it looks. I may have to go for one of these:

TGM%20A5%20Retractable.jpg

Two of my mates have that gun. Getting ANY sort of battery to fit easily in the handguard is a pain not helped by the fact that the handguard is mostly plastic and will deform easily if you use any "persuasion" to get it to stay on. LiPo nunchucks are the way to go here.

hmm so options are fiddly battery location, go for the SD version or try the integral battery which someone thinks they heard had contact issues.

ARGH!!!!!!

Well I searched and found videos on youtube or all options. No mentions anywhere of contact issues, it may be something someone expected to happen on the basis of how wobbly normal MP5 handguards are. Looking at this video, it looks like the battery handguard is quite well seated into position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxWKGWOL2g

So has anyone actually had one of these? Are there actually any problems with it?

Archived