RAZOR 6 - YouTube Channel

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI,

Just started with a YouTube channel showcasing games that i have played at with or without members of my team.

this is and id like to stress this very "basic" at the moment there isnt any commentary or things like that but i would like feedback on the way i have filmed or ways i can improve or what you would like to see as viewers!

hope to get some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvn5TGMf1eocXtZ0G9zW94w

• Supporters

First tip:

When YouTube throws this hilarious curve ball at you; "Your video appears shaky! Would you like us to sort it for you?"

Say this; "NEVAH!" Then hunt them all down and murder their families.

Because reducing the shakiness, for YouTube at least, seems to mean 'make it look like the entire world is made of goo, and you're swimming through it' - Everything looks all wavy and weird, and it's especially obvious if you have any text on the screen.

Other than that the angle looks good, quality looks a little low-res at times, but I think that might be because of YouTube "un-shakifying" it.

Edit:
Looks like you might've realised it was YouTubes fault for the first video, so you've not let it rape it for the second one lol, the higher res looks a lot better too. All you have to do now is cut all the boring bits out and either use text or commentary to fill people in so they know what's going on.

Or if you collect enough actiony bits over a number of visits you could put a montage together or something, which isn't something I've tried yet. Music syncing can be a bitch and a half.

First tip:

When YouTube throws this hilarious curve ball at you; "Your video appears shaky! Would you like us to sort it for you?"

Say this; "NEVAH!" Then hunt them all down and murder their families.

Because reducing the shakiness, for YouTube at least, seems to mean 'make it look like the entire world is made of goo, and you're swimming through it' - Everything looks all wavy and weird, and it's especially obvious if you have any text on the screen.

Other than that the angle looks good, quality looks a little low-res at times, but I think that might be because of YouTube "un-shakifying" it.

Edit:

Looks like you might've realised it was YouTubes fault for the first video, so you've not let it rape it for the second one lol, the higher res looks a lot better too. All you have to do now is cut all the boring bits out and either use text or commentary to fill people in so they know what's going on.

Or if you collect enough actiony bits over a number of visits you could put a montage together or something, which isn't something I've tried yet. Music syncing can be a bitch and a half.

you hit the nail on the head there Ed, i did stupidly say yes to it the first time (or couple) but now i just let it get on with it as is.

i'm messing about with bits at the moment so wanted to populate the channel with at least something to get me going, once i'm confident with what i can do editing wise then ill whack a video up with something that somewhat looks pleasing to the eye.

still saving for a mac so once i've got that i'm gonna lock myself away and learn some thing a little more professional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived