OP: Shining Light @Copehill Down FIBUA Village VENUE CHANGED TO SENNYBRIDGE

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks like I'm on Has-Mad. All my gear at present is dpm. I may have to do some shopping.

Hmm, if Van can comment on the begadi opfor's suitability for HAS-MAD, I see an opportunity to troll Ian :D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Wishing I wasn't on SFSG now!

As for cheap brown kit, http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ they do sets of gr1 and 2 ddpm cheap cheap!

yup, just ordered their offer of the week

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr404.html

DDPM trousers, shirt and smock for £25.

• Supporters

I'd love to but don't want to be a pain for the organisers, have offered and said that if someone does ask to go onto SFSG then they can swatch me. My teammates had said they were really keen but wanted to be SFSG so I booked and they didn't! Ah well I'll just have a blast and make them feel very jealous when I get back.

Come over to the dark side!

Technically if we're wearing desert camo and they have woodland stuff, aren't we the light side?

Technically if we're wearing desert camo and they have woodland stuff, aren't we the light side?

I guess you are right....

Come over to the light side then..........!

• Supporters

I could be head to toe in kit made from white christening gowns and wedding dresses, with a helmet mounted 5KW flood running off a chainsaw engine genny in a back pack and I'd still be the dark side :lol:

Oops, forgot to add: +1 on ball grenades - I'm happy to pay what they cost too.

Could we wear Fez's, Fez's are cool :)

Hmm where to get a DDPM Fez from.....

• Supporters

Could we wear Fez's, Fez's are cool :)

Hmm where to get a DDPM Fez from.....

Buy a cheap Fex and a cheap DDPM shirt then cover it!

Buy a cheap Fex and a cheap DDPM shirt then cover it!

Well originally it was a joke, but now I'm thinking I may actually do it. Possibly with some molle and velcro just for sheer silliness :D

If we all had a go at a tacticool Fez, it might be a good way to identify each other when we get there?

• Supporters

Well originally it was a joke, but now I'm thinking I may actually do it. Possibly with some molle and velcro just for sheer silliness :D

If we all had a go at a tacticool Fez, it might be a good way to identify each other when we get there?

I'm going to have a think about this over the time we have until May. The ball ache is that a fez is conical and a band of webbing isn't, so the easiest way to do it, stitch the webbing to the sides laid out as a flat piece then curl it around to form a cone will not produce horizontal molle. My sewing machine has a bit which comes off to allow stitching around sleeves etc, but I'd need to stitch @90deg to the way it was designed to be used, which is doable but such a PITA...

I have a vague idea, but I just CBA to think it through right now. One thing for certain though: I'm not going to do it for free - cost yeah, but upfront!

But, oh yeah, edit: I love the idea :lol:

Well I will probably be hand stitching mine, I don't have access to a sewing machine without my Mum thinking I'm nuts.

People seem to like this idea though. I will try and detail my construction in the DIY thread so people can follow it. Anyone who can't sew, maybe a fez can be spray painted?

I don't think Molle is compulsory, its just a bit of silliness.

One problem, ideally I would like an AF-UK patch for the front. Are these out of stock, because theres no button to buy them?

• Supporters

Mothers are supposed to think we're mad, otherwise how would we know that we had changed sufficiently from the previous generation to warrant having drawn breath in the first place? There's no such thing as stability in nature: if we're not living, changing, and growing as a species, we're stagnating, dying and going extinct.

Patches

######### PYRO/ SMOKE PRE-ORDERs ######

100 UNITS- 90 SECOND SMOKES = £200
100 UNITS -MK 6 FLASH BANGS = £200

50 UNITS- 90 SECOND SMOKED = £105
50 UNITS - MK 6 FLASH BANGS = £105

1 UNIT - 90 SECOND SMOKE = £2.75
1 UNIT- MK6 FLASH BANG = £2.75

4 UNITS - 90 SECOND SMOKES = £10.00
4 UNITS - MK 6 FLASH BANG = £10.00

ALL PRE ORDERS CAN BE MADE PAID VIA PAYPAL USING [email protected]

YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO PRE ORDER BB's & GAS, PRICES TO FOLLOW!

• Supporters

Shame they're not doing ball grenades but I'll want £30's worth at those prices I expect - 8 bangs / 4 smokes. 2-3 more of us with a similar idea and that's enough for a bulk order. Hopefully they'll let us buy 50 units mixed bang and smoke for £105... Ian?

Archived