OP: Shining Light @Copehill Down FIBUA Village VENUE CHANGED TO SENNYBRIDGE

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Charlotte emailed to say she will be doing some organising re: people with space in vehicles vs people who need lifts, so hopefully you'll be able to find a lift from a station, Russ, and forget standing for yonks with your bike. Arriving in reasonable shape is important to me too, because otherwise i'll be in so much pain i'll have to take a lot of meds, which will make me a bit too stupid to be effective on the field, or leave off the meds and be in too much pain to move effectively. Watch the fb page mate, or maybe pm her.

Edit: oops, speaking of stupid, i forgot to say yeah cheers, Sarge, I will.

Sennybridge

1528585_626129217436721_921648615_n.jpgLooks pretty impressive. Got to get up in that churchtower with my SVD, muahahahaaaaaaa...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry been meaning to reply, yep no problem with the lift!

Ive got a 5dr Focus so kit also wont be an issue for us (before you assume and I turn up in a mini lol)

• Supporters

I will have 2 spare Black & White Shemaghs with me: £4.50 each.

shemagh-bw2.jpg

Classic desert style.

• Supporters

I emailed charlotte and gave up my spot on Monday, really annoyed about the change but it isn't their fault. Sennybridge does look good I just can't justify the driving time from sussex.

• Supporters

Ah bummer, Nick.

• Supporters

Enjoy guys, maybe the next one.

Gosh that church tower looks impressive, imagine sniping with a Dmr from there covering the road down the hill. Ultimate flanking position. Some electric pyros would be good too.

• Supporters

No DMR extra FPS @Brit Tac just 370FPS max. I'm dying to get up there with my springer SVD though. I managed to get a shot on target from the observation tower on the landing ground at GZ - group of 3 Deltas: shot 1, the other 2 bottled it :lol: felt great :) and my best shots so far were from maybe 20m above, 80+m across. Looks like there are windows on 3 sides of it, possibly even all 4 (woohoo), but yeah from up there I'd estimate that I could get on a man sized target 95-100m away, possibly a bit further depending on wind conditions :blink:

• Supporters

If you can afford the ticket price, Zak, you could probably get a lift. Charlotte will put the word out to people near your neck of the woods. Brit Tac haven't said anything yet, but there have been quite a few cancellations due to the move so you'll probably be able to squeeze in.

If you can afford the ticket price, Zak, you could probably get a lift. Charlotte will put the word out to people near your neck of the woods. Brit Tac haven't said anything yet, but there have been quite a few cancellations due to the move so you'll probably be able to squeeze in.

Well, where's the nearest train station? And is it still the same date? I could get some funds together if prices drop a bit. Also gives me an excuse to throw together a load out and sneak in a few extra bits for my flecky kit.

EDIT: £80 ain't bad. Gonna be a squeeze though, exams start end of may

• Supporters

Yeah, it's the same dates 2-4th May.

I think the nearest station is Llanwrtyd, but you'd be best asking Ian or Charlotte.

I think it'd be best to try to get a lift from closer to you though, or somewhere easy to get to on the way, like Bristol.

You'll have to ask if they are going to accept replacements for those who have cancelled anyway, so may as well ask about transport at the same time.

If you plan to wear flecktarn you'll have to go on the regular troops & SF side, blufor, the goodies - with JCheeseright for eg. We baddies, opfor, terrorists and rebels will be wearing a mixture of civvies and bits of desert camo.

Cynghordy is the nearest station.

Dayum, that's gonna be about £50 from stevenage according to national rail. Not even a return (although it's not a lot)

If I was to go, I'm sure I could scavenge something together from the wardrobe

• Supporters

Well as I say, speak to Charlotte because she is helping co-ordinate lifts for people and anyone travelling from the south is going to go past Bristol, if there's nobody going from Stevenage or nearby, so you could get a train to Temple Meads and a bus out to Aust Services to be picked up. But 1st you need to check if there's a space going...

Actually, coming from the south, Llandovery would be the nearest station, but I expect the ticket price would be the same.

Will do Ian. Kept on forgetting to mention her in my previous posts. If finances allow (as I basically have no income) and exams don't get in the way, then I'll get down there one way or another. May even sell some of my old cap that I dont need and sell my cm16 and replace it with an AK...

Damn airsoft, taking all my money

Actually, coming from the south, Llandovery would be the nearest station, but I expect the ticket price would be the same.

Hmm, not sure I follow the logic there. I looked at distance to cycle from different stations to the Fibua village. The distances would not vary if I Arrived from a different direction (apart from maybe the distance from 1 platform to the other. :D

• Supporters

It's a straight run down the A40 from Llandovery to Sennybridge and you'd get to that station before Cynghordy coming from the south. It's probably the best station to go to from north or south, but I don't know the area. When you said Cynghordy I thought you must know of a route that isn't on googlemaps from there to the village camp, but I just looked and realised that I was talking out of my arse earlier with Llanwrtyd :lol:

I looked at an OS map. As the crow flies Sugar loaf Halt is closest but there is a road from Cynghordy to Tirabad and then you go south to the Fibua Village, approaching it from the North. There is no route from Sugar Loaf halt unless you go via Cynghordy. The only issue is that to the North of the Fibua Village, it looks like rifle ranges, so may not be accessible from that direction? Google managed to get through though as you can get street view :)

8 miles incidentally.

• Supporters

I'll be going with my new (to me) Altberg brown boots, some kind of plain tan or grey combats, a thigh length mid brown muslim shirt, dark brown long Afghan waistcoat, black & white shemagh, tan or grey pakol hat, Soviet belt & Y-strap w/ ammo pouches for AK or SVD depending on which primary weapon I'm carrying at the time, and various other pouches for grenades, IED components, sweets, etc.

I'll also be taking some goretex kecks, probably DDPM because I can't wear the DPM or black pairs I already have, and possibly a tropentarn poncho if I can find one at a sensible price, because the last ones sfrankish had on fleabay went a few weeks ago. Basically I intend to be prepared for the Welsh weather, which is notoriously fickle. I expect that the heavier my rain gear turns out to be and the further I have to walk carrying it, not only the less chance of rain there will be, but also the hotter it will be... but by the same token, if I don't bother, it will be high winds and piss down, sleet, and hail morning noon and night!

I think I may hide a 2L hydro pouch under the waistcoat as well... and, depending on my g/f's attitude come the time, grow a tactical chin guard.

You could always add a fake tactical chin guard to a mesh face mask (wool or embroidery thread tied on).

• Supporters

^^Genius!

I was planning a twirly moustache to go with the fez. Just need to work out how to get it to stay in shape.

• Supporters

Of course! I'd completely forgotten the fez. Mustaffa Fez!

Archived