OP: Shining Light @Copehill Down FIBUA Village VENUE CHANGED TO SENNYBRIDGE

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

1460109_10202705065538302_1519354054_n.j

Here's the Event Deets. It's a Brit Tac bash so I'm expecting a high standard.

Arrival on site after 17.00 PM Friday the 2nd May 2014

Game on Saturday 11.00 - 23.00.

Game on Sunday 08.00 – 12.00

£25 Deposit, £60 Balance = £85 / standard price for a weekender.

As of now the places left:

UK/US Special Forces: 13 places OF 30

SF Support Group: 21 places left OF 50

HAS-MAD OPFOR: 37 OF 80

I've just paid my deposit and signed up for the HAS-MAD's. Anybody else going, or fancy it?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'm there, blue force with bells on. Should be coming up with a few lads from my neck of the woods.

Does anyone know what the prices are like for pyro? The blurb for the event states that only their pyro is to be used, if it's mega pricey I may have to pick up a couple of impact BFGs for the FIBUA element.

• Supporters

I need to find out what their policy on IED's is, like standard pyro's with homemade remote fuse lighters, because i like the sound of a hair-thin command wire with a piece of steel wool stretched across it and a spare AEG battery a lot more than I do the cost of those radio control detonators...

Poor u Moose / perfect timing for u Mike - trust me, she'll have become someone from whom taking a break will improve your disposition :lol:

• Supporters

Ian, I'm guessing you'd be on HAS-MAD?! I'm up for this one, been wanting to get over there. Only have UK and US weapons so no "Local" style kit. Though they don't mention it in their rules so...

• Supporters

Ian, I'm guessing you'd be on HAS-MAD?! I'm up for this one, been wanting to get over there. Only have UK and US weapons so no "Local" style kit. Though they don't mention it in their rules so...

From what I can gather weapons don't really matter at brit tac events, they're not quite as anal about the whole thing as Tier1/Stirling. Uniform requirements are strict though and all the HAS-MAD guys will need to have their black and white shemaghs on all the time!

I'll try and make it down to this one lads if there's any spaces left by the time I have spare cash from christmas present buying lol.

Will have to be on the Blufor side, however.

• Supporters

Blufor? That the SF side, guess red would be the tan side?

• Supporters

yer i guess i will just have to put up with being in the rocky mountains snow boarding! Shame.

Bastard! Been a while since I managed to ski in the states. Colorado kicks French ass, only thing they cant seem to do right is après ski, but for the snow quality you cant fault them.

As for the OP, sorry Ian, looks like HasMad are full already, that's 80 tickets in a week! My lot are looking more keen on the SF side so Blue for the win I guess.

• Supporters

For the win? For the embarrassing defeat seeing as how blufor will have a 10 wo/man advantage! There are about 20 blufor places left I think, but i've not been following closely - been @a Mark Thomas gig - not quite as hilarious as the last times I saw him, but just as thought provoking in different, more domestic, ways. Obviously Daily Fail & Excess readers need not bother...

Oops, wrong me doh! Must be getting this confused with some other event where the blufor had a numerical advantage. 80 each, this one. Still, there'll be plenty of gucci kit being demonstrated to have been a waste of money when we capture your leaders and behead them with our plastic knives on video, muahahahaaa...

• Supporters

I'm not jealous. Honest.

Actually I'm really not. 10 years ago and if it was Calgary, not a yank resort, then yeah. But now I would rather be on this OP :)

• Supporters

Grizzly bears and wolves, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! B)

• Supporters

I'd love to skirmish in 5' of snow :P

I'm all booked in on US/UK SF...first proper milsim so quite excited. Unfortunately, none of the guys I usually skirmish with want to go! Looks like I'm lone wolf!

Archived