Do I Need a MOSFET

cableguy95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Ive been looking at getting a MOSFET for my G&G TR16 as it keeps firing after I let go of the trigger, I''m currently running on a 9.9v life battery however it never did this when i used 7.4v lipo's.

However after doing a bit of research on the internet ive found some threads saying that having an active/passive braking FET will just wear the motor out quicker and not having the brake will not stop the motor from over spinning (defeating the object of me getting one).

What I was looking to know is whether spending £50 odd with installation fees will just result in me having to pay more out on new motors.

Any info or links to specific FETs will very helpful.

P.S. Pro Airsoft who I inqured about getting one fitted said about getting an airfet would this be the best option?

yer that sounds like a problem with something else mosfets are only really needed when running high power batterys to stop surges/ trigger arching. gives you active breaking for your gears and trigger response so people only use them when making a high power aeg like a DMR. other then that i cant see a reason for them.

how much does it fire after letting go?? if only round or 2 mosfet will cure your problem, if more then theres another problem but mosfet will more than likely cure it

ive fitted ares to my guns, simple to fit and programme, i got it for the 3rd burst

http://fireworksairsoft.webs.com/

other mosfets are available :P

airfets are ok, loads fitted by people, myself prefer programmable units

just dont bother with plugin inline mosfets...................

• Supporters

Have you checked the trigger contacts? Could be that they're bent out of shape and therefore maintaining contact too long. Open the gearbox and have a look at them, if they're misshaped, then sort them out, bend them back, if they're covered in crap, then they may need replacing, but sometimes cleaning them is enough. You could get a MOSFET to prevent them from getting covered in crap (oxidising) in the future, while improving trigger response at the same time.

Regarding AB and damaging the motor, yes it does wear it down quicker, but more so if you semi-auto only/excessively. AB works by reversing the current to the motor to act as a break, making it attempt to spin the wrong way for a very short time once you release the trigger.

when I say keeps firing I mean like 5 seconds after letting go of the trigger but tbh ive broken guns in the past from taking them apart so might get pro airsoft to have a look at it

would you say it would be worth getting a FET fitted for general assault rifle use ie bursts of full auto and semi auto

• Supporters

If it's carrying on for 5 seconds after you release the trigger then your trigger contacts aren't separating properly, could be sticky or the spring could be stretched. Get it fixed because clearly that's not safe to skirmish!

Pro airsoft supplies I'm sure will be able to get it back up and running very quickly, and probably quite inexpensively, if you want a MOSFET fitting anyway it's still an upgrade so why not?

Archived