Looking for advice/opinions

RossUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Will be getting my UKARA within the week so it's that time where I'm asking advice on what gun/accessories to get.

I've picked out 2 guns which I like the look of so far:

G&G M4: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6098

ICS l85: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6884

From what I've read/heard I don't think I can go wrong with either of them; I was wondering if anyone has specific experience with said guns and could offer some more insight into them.

Also, what battery size should I go for; been told to stick to a 7.4 to conserve the gear box, is this something I should be worried about (i.e. does it significantly decrease the life of the gearbox having a higher voltage battery?)

Edit: Also thought I'd ask is it worth upgrading the spring (asking more specifically for the L85 as it shoots at 350 from the box) would it make it run too hot?

Also anything else anyone can throw into the mix for me to consider before getting my first gun.

Cheers, Ross.

Personally the ergonomics of the M4 are far more user friendly.Mag changes are easier and faster and just the general feeling of the guns is nicer.

I would say get used to the gun before spending the extra on upgrades.

What Sam_G said. The L85 is a bit heavy to carry around all day, as it's all metal, especially if you end up wanting to go down the Op Herrick look with the DD RIS rail front, etc. That said the gearbox is much easier to change springs on, although if it's firing 350 out of the box then you really won't want to increase the FPS at all.

The M4 gives you far more upgrade or attachment options and should feel much more comfortable to shoot. I've let a currently serving UK soldier try my m16 compared to his L85 and he was definitely favouring the M4/M16 format over the much more familiar SA80 style. And G&G is definitely a good make to go for.

My G&G Top Tech is brilliant, I'm not usually a fan of AR15 style weapons (unless they're alternative looking, i.e. extremely short barrel etc) but I fell in love with the quality and the features G&G put into their guns. The packaging's also nice, a great change for someone used to buying AEGs that come in plain boxes :D

Archived