robust in ears?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

..or possible somewhat compact headphones?

robustness is to priority, but good sounds would be an advantage too. preferable not much above £100.

most in ears seem to be very fragile.. but I've seen ones with a sable that looks like a SATA cable, are they robuster maybe?

oh and nothing associated to dre. not that I doubt that they are any good, but it just wouldn't feel right.

I had some "replica" beats by dre in ear buds a few years ago, they were more robust than the real deal actually, sound quality was amazing aswell, they only cost me £15 quid haha!

I'm using 50 cent's SMS audio in-ear headphones at the minute, they cost me £99 new, and have stood up to heavy usage since they first come out ( I don't know when this was, but I was one of the first people in the UK to buy them and I got them signed by the man himself lol). The sound is very good, I never really have it set past 2 bars of volume, anything else is far too loud. They have the cable you mentioned which I think is meant to stop tangling of the wires. In the box they came with 3 different sizes of ear bud which you can change for your ear size, and they have pretty decent sound cancelation (though I think this is a result of a snug fit rather than an intended design feature).

They also function as a handsfree for your mobile phone aswell which is handy, the controls for this can also be used to adjust volume or pause the music without taking your phone/ipod out of your pocket/bag,

sounds cool, I aint got no beef with fitty!

don't think it's the ones I've seen, but they seem alrite from your description (esp not having to unlock the phone everytime I want to skip a track) and looking at pictures, will look up some reviews!

• Supporters

How to buy headphones:

1. Is the headhone in budget? yes? Go to 2. no? Start again

2. Is there a famous musician/rapper/DJ/Popcorn Manufacturer associated with the product? No? Go to step 3. Yes? Go back to 1.

3. Is the brand German SOUNDING? Yes? Looks like you've found your next set of headphones! No? Read reviews on the item and make a decision based on that.

But in all seriousness, just look for a set of sennheiser in ear headphones for your budget, you'll never be disappointed.

• Supporters

Sennheiser cans are the way forward.

How to buy headphones:

1. Is the headhone in budget? yes? Go to 2. no? Start again

2. Is there a famous musician/rapper/DJ/Popcorn Manufacturer associated with the product? No? Go to step 3. Yes? Go back to 1.

3. Is the brand German SOUNDING? Yes? Looks like you've found your next set of headphones! No? Read reviews on the item and make a decision based on that.

But in all seriousness, just look for a set of sennheiser in ear headphones for your budget, you'll never be disappointed.

Sennheiser cans are the way forward.

I am a big Sennheiser fan and have several Sennheiser headphones. Great sound, comfortable (well, one model gives me headache)... but robust?

While they last many years for using at home, I wouldn't bring them outside the house. I had a pair of these, that I did bring with me everywhere, and well... they didn't last:

1g260.jpg

the most robust headphones I've owned as a matter in fact is Philips HP205. however you'll need to duct tape the adjustment part or it will snap, do this and they'll last for ages of use and abuse. kind of wanted to avoid going this big thou..

philips2.jpg

as for rappers.. I've listened to beats, and in all fairness, they do sounds great. I just dont like dre.

• Supporters

well, I already have Sennheiser hd 270, hd 465 and a few others that I do not know the name of. Kinda wanted to avoid having to walk around with a massive thing on my head, and preferably have something that can be stored either in a pocket case or at least somewhat neatly in backpack..

as for the ones you linked to, have you used it outdoor?

• Supporters

I have & they're not as bassy as cans designed for DJ's or consumer types with tuned boost @100Hz-ish. They're just the best quality sound available without spending silly money.

I know what you mean re carrying a big thing around: I tend to wear them around my neck if not on my ears... I hate in ears though - sound so shit :(

surprisingly enough, althou not as robust as I'd hoped, the green in ears I posted a picture of had amazing sound! I recall it was better than most my headphones.

well, my carrying-hefty-headphones-on-my-neck years are gone! ..just want something I can store away neatly but wont break from looking at it :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've got a pair of those big ass Phillips cans! They're awesome - use them for guitar stuff.

But yeah, for everything else - Sennheiser. Every time.

Archived