Looking for a one handed AEG

Spawnah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Since I play CQB pretty much exclusively and my place has a lot of tight corridors and narrow passages, I want to get a sweet small AEG I can easily hold in one hand to peep around corners with it and such without moving half my body around it. I've been looking for something like an MP7, or Uzi. Something like that.

It's gotta have hi-cap mags available

Must be an AEG, no gas for me thanks

I'd prefer it still have a good FPS

Would prefer rails because I'm tactic00l

Would you guys happen to have any recommendations or advice for this?

MP5k would be a good shout its small, light and could be used 1 handed

I've been using a mp5k two handed as my main weapon. Mine is metal and would not have worked for one handed use. so that is something to think about.

The other thing is balance. again, with the mp5k, you got a all weight in front of the handle, which is not optimal for one hand use. Rather you would want to go for something with the grip somewhat in the middle. Such as an mac10, mac11, mp7, mp9.... or indeed an uzi if you want to look like a.....

I am not sure about their availability as AEG or the high cap situation. The only fairly small aeg I know have highcap mags is the mp5k. See if you can try holding a plastic version with a full highcap, might work despite being front heavy. I have never tried a plastic mp5k so no idea what it weights.

Obviously there is aeps. but I think the TM/cyma glock 18c only have mid caps.

good luck!

PDW

pdw? which one? I own a few pdws (kac, g&p tank and aks74u) and non of them be suitable for one hand .

Why does it have to be 1 handed? Poking around a corner with an MP5 two handed doesn't expose much and with a collapsible stock, you can through tight gaps easily.

An MP7 would seem to fit the OP's requirements best, but I think and MP5 or MP5K would be a better choice for a CQB weapon as they are easier to upgrade and parts, mags etc are easier to get.

Why does it have to be 1 handed? Poking around a corner with an MP5 two handed doesn't expose much and with a collapsible stock, you can through tight gaps easily.

An MP7 would seem to fit the OP's requirements best, but I think and MP5 or MP5K would be a better choice for a CQB weapon as they are easier to upgrade and parts, mags etc are easier to get.

beats me. maybe he wanna go dual wield?

beats me. maybe he wanna go dual wield?

Hmm. There must be a coupler out there that will attach a RIS rail to another RIS rail for mounting grenade launchers...

10030955_1m.jpg?v=8CE70FE0DEEB350PM5RAS-1.jpg

anyone see what I'm thinking? :ph34r:

i play cqb and use pistols a lot, but love using my mp5k, best of both worlds, 200 round mags more than enough for me. :D

240fps more than enough for cqb, higher fps doesn't mean better range or accuracy!!

Hmm. There must be a coupler out there that will attach a RIS rail to another RIS rail for mounting grenade launchers...

anyone see what I'm thinking? :ph34r:

There's this DIY way: Easy RIS to RIS Adapter - Airsoft Retreat - Airsoft & milsim news ...

That's actually quite a good idea, but the MP5K would be too big for the MP5's grip and the K's pistol grip would go where the MP5's mag would. Could be done with an NBB or EAP pistol though.

There's this DIY way: Easy RIS to RIS Adapter - Airsoft Retreat - Airsoft & milsim news ...

That's actually quite a good idea, but the MP5K would be too big for the MP5's grip and the K's pistol grip would go where the MP5's mag would. Could be done with an NBB or EAP pistol though.

Wheres the fun in a NBB or EAP! The only reason to undersling an MP5K on an MP5 is as sheer MP5 overload.

Still, I suppose you could mount an MP5K on each side rail :D

Anyway, less of this silliness and back on topic!

An Mp7 would fit the requirements best as you stated them. Bear in mind that the gearbox will be different to most due to size restrictions and magazines are more expensive than for an MP5K which will have a gearbox similar to an M4. This is the main reason people are trying to steer you towards an MP5K. If you find you want to upgrade any part of an MP7, its going to be a lot harder to find parts.

Oh and if you get bored using it like a pistol, an MP5K can be pimped with different rail systems, stocks etc. Plus the drum mags mentioned earlier.

• Supporters

an MP5K which will have a gearbox similar to an M4. This is the main reason people are trying to steer you towards an MP5K. If you find you want to upgrade any part of an MP7, its going to be a lot harder to find parts.

Oh and if you get bored using it like a pistol, an MP5K can be pimped with different rail systems, stocks etc. Plus the drum mags mentioned earlier.

mp5K's tend to have AK gearboxes ;) (a V3 gearbox, compatible with most V2 gearbox parts, but check before ordering etc)

pdw? which one? I own a few pdws (kac, g&p tank and aks74u) and non of them be suitable for one hand .

Provided you do not have arms like soggy spaghetti I was referring to the KAC version. If I can use WE GBBR version one handed I am pretty sure somebody could use an AEG version one handed.

Provided you do not have arms like soggy spaghetti I was referring to the KAC version. If I can use WE GBBR version one handed I am pretty sure somebody could use an AEG version one handed.

..for how long? and no, no spaghetti here.

here's a kac pictured next to some m4s .......somehow I dont think this is what op will be going for.

guns.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I notice somebody listed the P90 up there. It's not 'one handed' in the same way as a machine pistol, but I don't have a sling for mine (just haven't gotten around to ordering one) and more than once I've been compromised while climbing and been able to efficiently return fire one-handed. I often grip it one-handed while prone or pressed up into cover, and use the other hand to balance or lean. It does work one-handed.

I haven't ever played CQB with it but the way you have to grip it makes you small (unless you do that wierd extended elbow thing), and the main advantage it has over most of these others is a hi-cap mag size of 300 (though hi-cap P90 mags have a very dubious reputation) and midcap mags ranging from 100 to about 170.

A warning though, P90 mags in general are perceived as clunky and large, and I can attest to the large part. Also, oil your midcaps right away. Lube up some bbs, drop some oil into the mechanism and load/unload the mag half a dozen times. Should be the only time you need to do it (unless you rape your mags..?) Then throw the oiled bbs away and clean the speedloader you used. Sorted.

Just my +1 for the P90 system.

• 3 months later...

Archived