So guys,, what stuff do you wear for head and face protection?

tom_hcafc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't got the faintest, you better ask Fumps :D

...oh and I remember the main reason I use the BE, I can have my glasses on under them!

You can wear the uvex goggles with glasses. I have an extra pair, brand new, laying around if you've got anything to trade :)

• Supporters

You mean disfigure someones arse? lololol....

No seriously, love the Navy :)

It's only gay if they push back, and unconscious people generally don't push back.

Speaking of disfiguring arses though... I have some awesome post op shots of my own arse after I had a pilonidal sinus excised this summer, I'll post them sometime in the non-airsoft section so you can all see just how much the navy ruins your bum!

Uvex are quality goggles, much better than lenses on M3's. I've protected my flashlight and scope with a uvex lense.

Yeh mate I work for a company that use dangerous chemicals & also the engineering dept often work in dangerous areas so we need good solid eye protection.

The info on them say anti fog so may be worth a try. I will take them on my first skirmish & simply ask someone to shoot at them. if they work I will give them a go, if they fail I will buy some mesh ones when I'm there.

I think that will be the best way forward

Haven't quite got the mesh to work as I want with the headset/helmet combo yet but I'm still working on it!

Currently it's just a FAST Helmet, standard mesh goggles and a face wrap - I play mostly woodland so mesh face protection isn't always necessary to me - I find I've normally got my AEG shouldered so that protects my face from a lot of hits.

Photo: image2_zps40c24caa.png

It can be worth covering your nose. I find that getting hit in the face doesn't generally hurt too much, getting hit on the nose really hurts and can cause sinus problems for weeks afterwards.

A pair of thin snoods to form a kind of ultra-thin balaclava, with some bog-standard mesh goggles to clamp it all down. Earlier iterations (/winter gear) used heavier snoods at a cost to respiration.

Complete coverage with no breathing issues, and I can get my eye down any scope. Headshots leave pretty nice bruises though because the material is so thin, but I prefer to be able to breathe unimpeded.

Cost: 5/5 (£1 each for the snoods, £7 for the goggles)

Protection 2/5 - 4/5 (dependent on material; thin to thick)

Comfort: 5/5 - 2/5 (dependent on material; thin to thick)

A pair of thin snoods to form a kind of ultra-thin balaclava, with some bog-standard mesh goggles to clamp it all down. Earlier iterations (/winter gear) used heavier snoods at a cost to respiration.

I've always got along better with mesh and fabric - started off with a thick Jack Pyke one and gradually got thinner.

Archived