Video of me getting 15+ kills and the power of stealth

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, finally managed to take my camera out for a few games and got some nice footage.

Enjoy, recommended best quality possible:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m5S5vbAwlkY

(Pretty sure I've got OCD about winding my mag after every shot btw :P)

Anyway onto stealth. I think the art of stealth is a really underutalized skill in airsoft, as seen here it can be used to great effect against the enemy team. I effectively held up their entire team for at least a few minutes there.

And I don't just mean sitting in a bush like I did. Twice, later in the day, I managed to completely flank an enemy position wiping out quite a few players each time before they even realised that I was behind them.

Anyway, anyone else like to play stealthy?

Credit where it is due for getting into the shadows and presenting as smaller target as possible. I can't help but think if that is how you like to play you would be more suited to a semi-auto DMR sort of role.

Try limiting yourself to midcaps or something. That will force you to consider your shots more carefully rather than lots of bursts... once you have that mastered you will be a steely eyed dealer of pretend death.

Not criticising by the way, just suggesting something I think you will get more of a kick out of.

Thanks, and no one's perfect, criticism welcome :) as for the DMR I was planning on doing exactly that with the gun I was using.

I picked it up a few months ago (it was bargin of the century) and plan to upgrade it over time. Gonna try make a "stubby" DMR because I like the weight being nearer me (cba with heavy guns) and the monuverability. Put the silencer in the rail system so it's now 3" smaller. As for the internals think ill be modding my barrel first with groves soon to try and get the bb to get a flat trajectory by forcing it to stick to the roof of the barrel. Noticed little/no improvement from tight bores and for £15 this is worth a shot. The physics behind it makes the most sense out of all the other theories out there, to me at least.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOL - my pet hate is "stubby DMRs" in airsoft. A longer 5.56mm variant or a 7.62 variant.

It has got to the point we have put that into our site rules - DMRs must be physically locked to semi and based on a real platform capable of the job. A Classic Army MP5 PDW with the barrel into the suppressor may work in terms of airsoft, but It makes me cringe!!!!

Of course, I am not the boss of you and you can do what ever you like.

Ahaha fair does. I am just doing it because, as u see in the vid I catch the silencer a few times. The way it's currently set up looks like a DMR. To be honest though, I doubt I'll be locking it to semi anytime soon, I like short bursts just in case and use it more as an allround gun at the minute. One day ill convert it or just build a DMR but I've had more than my fair share of woes with upgrading my sniper so I want to get a lot better at upgrading guns first. Pretty sure I've got the theoretical side of most upgrade parts and concepts sorted but until I've actually got my hands on some parts and tested them, that means nothing.

That is a fair shout, and itf it is your main gun then it makes sense to keep it "universal" rather than restrict its use to one role or another.

On one of my guns I wanted a sub compact with as long a barrel as I could get. I built the gun up without the suppressor at all and when it came to adding it I simply removed one end and all the foam inserts and sleeved it over the barrel and screwed it on.

I had the look I wanted

No additional length to the gun

No chance of the BBs catching on the suppressor

That's a gd idea. I've got 4" 7" and 11"?? Barrels for my m4 so i can put the silencer where I want it atm :) currently looks like the image below, except removed the peq and bipod to save weight

Archived