Feeding Issue or User Issue?

kirvesuk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

I could do with some advice please on my new KWA MP9.

When I first got it last week, I gave it a once-over with some silicone grease and then tested it on a firing range. The magazine was pretty awful at feeding BBs to the gun, the spring was grinding on the mag, and I had to re-cock the gun a lot even if the BB looked like it was in the right place.

So - I got home and did a proper job on the magazine, the spring now moves perfectly and it is shiny clean (amazing how much dirt are on those things from new!). This morning I was testing it out, and for about 200 rounds it was working perfectly. After that it started showing the old symptoms, the BBs weren't feeding properly, I had to re-cock the gun even with a BB in the right place etc etc.

My question is - do I need to attack the gun with silicone grease now, or was it because I put maybe 300 or more rounds through the gun, one shot at a time, with pretty much no cool down time? Was it the mag cooling down causing these issues?

Help!

:)

Archived