WE 1911 Gas Problem

cmtb123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently bought a WE 1911 and out of box I had problems. I fill the mag up with Coleman propane gas through a silicon adapter w/ silicon. Then when I fire I get like two shots off and a third shot that just kinda lands at my feet. I have to fill the mag back up with gas before it'll shoot anymore. I have a warm climate and I've already tried the obvious fixes. Anyone have the same problem or know specifically what is wrong?

It could be your gas is too dry and the seals have shrunk, or the pressuire could be too high. Try filling the mag with Abbey Maintenance Gas, then leave it for 24 hours. Then shoot it off (don't just vent it all by pressing the hammer valve, as that can degrade the seals) and refill with Abbey Predator Gas and try again. If that doesn't work then send it back to where you bought it (if UK retailer) as it's not working correctly. Alternatively, see if you can borrow a working 1911 mag from someone (TM should be compatible) to see if it's just your mag, or possibly something wrong with the blowback unit in the slide.

If it's both mags then it may well be the blowback unit, unless it really doesn't like your gas. Once you've tried the 24 hour thing, then if it still doesn't work I'd send it back to the retailer to sort, as it could be a faulty pistol.

Archived