Airsoft shooting range

Farley1981
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you would use a airsoft range for sorting out sights, scopes and guns or just to have a shoot :)

Me and some mates have been talking about this and I wanted to see how many would use it?

It would be in the Kent area and we would charge £5 to shoot for an hour, there would be a shop onsite.

How many would use it??

damn you farley for editting it. ruin my fun lol.

i live in kent. if it was.a decent facility then i would.prob come.

a repair place in a range.would be good as well. or like repair benchs to fix your stuff on.

also good to hangout if bored.

yer well. i live in a small flat and firing my gun is not an option as the misses would kill me. so a place to be able to play with it.and get a good feel for distance and fps. i dont want to buy a chrono either so having one there would be good.

One has just opened in Leeds & I will be using it on a regular basis to practice.

Deal is £10 for the day, stay as long as you want & have fun. the guys are also planning a killing house complete with sounds & moving targets.

well if you can get like a decent building for it then its all good. a warehouse of some description would be good. even having a small food stall would be a good way to make money. get a business then register at booker cash and carry and your laughing.

The one in Leeds is like a military bunker. with sand bags etc.

I had a go the other weekend & it was top fun

What's the place in Leeds called?

Its at Johnson's of Leeds mate, they have opened a airsoft part of the business, really nice set up, i was very impressed

but then again I could spend a full day just wondering about that place lol

• Supporters

I would use it if nearby, deffo. I'm jealous of you Leedsites.

I'd be very interested if there was one in my neck of the woods. Guess the back garden and skirmish sites will have to suffice until someone decides to open one up :)

I would use it if nearby, deffo. I'm jealous of you Leedsites.

Leeds is a funny place. It's a massive city but not much in terms of sites for airsoft. I know a good area that will have loads of places that could accommodate skirmishes I'm just shocked that there is not more places up here.

I'm off for my first skirmish at Matlock which is a fair old poke really.

• Supporters

I want a good 80m long run if it were going to be a decent range, the sort of place you absolutely 100% know the exact length of, with range markers every 10 metres and feet.

None of this, my gun can shoot 80m accurately on a flat trajectory bobah.

I think it'd be pretty good to have a flat and level range of that size, I always experiment with zero points to get the most out of my guns if the hop can't carry them as far as I want it to.

Since all projectiles fly in a rough, parabolic arc, if you set the zero before the peak of the shot, then it effectively ups your range. The further down the peak you set it, the greater your range, so for me it's all about finding the point where it's the most competitive, but I'm not having to hold under a ridiculous amount at medium range to avoid hitting people in the face by accident.

With my L85 and AK it works great, because the sights are so far above the bore that the shots take ages to peak their arc and that's where I've set the sights, it's quite a shallow climb so the range I get, especially from the AK is just monstrously insane.

But yeah, having a place you could spend all day working on it to find out the best set up would be superb. Especially if you're working on a sniper and can be doing without wind and shit screwing it all up.

An airsoft range is a fantastic idea.

Somewhere safe to fettle and test your kit without risk of upsetting Joe Public.

I can second the notion of the range at Johnsons of Leeds / Leeds Airsoft. Nice set up, friendly bunch and a coffee in the shop too. We have an area of up to 70 meters we test the guns on. Sadly, the target is fixed and we have to move to the required distance and it is ALL outdoors with no cover.

In an ideal world you would want:

70 - 80m indoor range (to allow for scope zeroing without the wind)

Man size targets set at 10m intervals (cater for the pistol lovers too)

Sturdy bench at the firing point

Position to lay prone at the firing point (gotta look after the sniper sorts out there)

Kit area just off the firing point

If it were at all feasible, a tuck shop / kiosk / brew / social thing going on too.

Everywhere costs a load of money to rent or buy so it is unlikely this would make enough money to survive as a sole business, but if it were added onto the side of another business in their redundant space (cheap rent) then this could also turn over a small profit

In essence, I think it is a great idea and wish you success with it.

• Supporters

If the prevailing wind tends to come from one side on to an outdoor range, an 8' high plastic tarp wall would go a huge long way to making it worth travelling to for zeroing scopes: wouldn't break the bank. But yeah, it really needs an 80m warehouse.

Ya see & I cannot work out why a huge warehouse does not allow day rate rentals for skirmish companies.

There are some close to where I work would be Ideal for this kind of thing

• 3 years later...

@Farley1981 So, this post is now almost 4 years old, and I am really really hoping that you managed to get your range set up and that it operates during the day, as I have some time off coming soon and would really love to go to a range and zero in my gun with the new sights I have just bought as I (like so many others) can't do this at home.

I am also based in NW Kent

Archived