my ideas over the rules that should be slightly adjusted.

assassin0001
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Swapping what u have for an airsoft gun should be allowed within reason of value, pictures SHOULD be added but if unable, providing your email address and sending interested people piks via email should be an option, bumping of posts should be lowered to every 3 days as tbh not many posts are still active and active ones are fast being lost into the pile of them,asking for ukara should not be allowed unless you are an actual registered airsoft retailor. Plz post your thoughts on my ideas.

ASSASSIN

His reasoning is that he can't swap an XBox for a RIF and he's trying to get that changed.

UKARA point = invalid. If anyone was to sell a RIF to another member they wouldn't want to get prosecuted for it if the buyer didn't have a defense and there was an investigation. It's not bound to happen but there's still the possibility that the buyer could run around some town center with it and cause panic, resulting in a police case.

As a buyer I'd much rather see pictures immediately and not have to go to more effort by contacting someone, when they probably won't see your email until the next day.

As I said before this isn't an 'anything goes' trading site like Gumtree or un-hobby related forums, this is an airsoft forum. That means only airsoft items can only be put up for trade, be that combat clothing/equipment, weapon accessories, RIFs or IFs.

Regarding the ukara, if a defence can be proven through contacting the site owner and getting him to confirm you are a regular skirmisher as I am but my ukara has STILL not beeen processed after 3 weeks of having it sent by the site owner, iff he confirms it then surely that is a valid defence so long as he proves who he is.

As long as the buyer provides a defence it should be fine. But what you said in the original post has a completely different meaning; it shouldn't matter if the seller is a registered retailer or not, they can use the UKARA database like anyone else to check if a buyer is registered. It's a hell of a lot quicker than getting in contact with a site owner and asking them to check booking records, and it can be done 24/7.

• Supporters

Its just that its not really made for any1 but a retailer and its silly that a regular joe can hinder the ability of a perfectly eligable person to buy a gun they like :-(

If it works for people in addition to retailers then who cares? You'd annoy more people banning it than anything else. If you are buying from someone who's reasonable they'll accept other forms of defence, if not, they probably aren't worth dealing with anyway.

I don't see your point. Yes contacting your site owner is a valid defence and a decent person would accept that. Why should that mean we should throw away the use of ukara as well? And if so, why did you even bother applying for it?

• Supporters
Swapping what u have for an airsoft gun should be allowed within reason of value

You can offer people your XBOX/PS3/Half eated box of cheerios if you want to in a PM if they have stated they may be interested in something like that in their ad. You can't make an ad selling such items as we are an airsoft forum. Want to sell an XBOX? there are hundreds of places you can do that on facebook alone. Get the cash, buy a new RIF

pictures SHOULD be added but if unable,providing your email address and sending interested people piks via email should be an option

We've gone to the effort of hosting and moderating a decent, clean forum for you to advertise on. It's costly both in hard cash (hence the supporters scheme) and in both users and moderators time. Other people go to the effort of uploading pics. Why can't you?

bumping of posts should be lowered to every 3 days as tbh not many posts are still active and active ones are fast being lost into the pile of them

If you really need to sell something fast, host it on a couple of different forums. We aren't the only one as some would want you to believe. If someone wants a new RIF, chances are they'll look beyond the first page or two. Use a sensible topic title such as 'Classic Army AK47 £10.00 lots of pictures' is going to get your ad spotted by a serious interested user much quicker than spamming bump on a thread titled 'OMG must buy cheap gun wow'

asking for ukara should not be allowed unless you are an actual registered airsoft retailor.

You CAN check the UKARA database:

1. Get the persons home postcode, full name and UKARA/site membership number

2. Call a retailer (if you're struggling, I'm always happy to check for you during the day at PatrolBase)

3. Give them the UKARA number and postcode, ask them to confirm the name postcode and number are what you have given them

for data protections sake, the reatiler shouldnt tell you the details, you should tell them and they say 'yes or no' to the person/details

If the person IS on the database, it's a 30 second call that proves you're selling to someone legit, if they aren't you have other options available - check with their site owner, ask for proof of skirmishing etc.

Hopefully that helps your points. We're always happy to take on board what users want and any worthwhile suggestions will be listened to and discussed

Cheers

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'm afraid a couple of things are quite clear.

1) You haven't actually read the Classifieds Rules:

• At no point does it even mention UKARA
  • You would have also noticed that non airsoft sales/trades are prohibited

I suggest you familiarise yourself with them now:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/15171-read-first-rules/

2) Let's suppose you allow people to sell/trade anything. Let's weigh up the pros and cons:

Pros:

• Members can directly trade non-airsoft unwanted items for something airsoft related

Cons (for you):

• It's likely that the true value of what is being swapped won't be achieved (you're pitching to a very small audience here)
  • The would-be swapper has the far superior option of listing their item on eBay (where most people look for 2nd hand goods), achieving a good sale price for the item, and being protected by both eBay and PayPal. It takes seconds to list stuff on eBay these days. This would turn you in to a cash buyer.

Cons (for us):

• The whole Classifieds section suddenly becomes awash with unrelated items, this is an airsoft forum, not a general sales forum. Other members find it frustrating to look through cars, consoles and whatever else to actually find some airsoft stuff.
  • Our Moderators and I land a huge task in trying to check all sales threads to see whether it is something that should be sold. Considering we all do this in our free time, judging what should and shouldn't be sold and taking the necessary action would take far too much time. It's then very hard to be consistent, not only with yourself but the other moderators. If you allow one guy to sell something, and block another, someone else will always argue that their sale is effectively the same, and why did you block it? It's a nightmare.

I'm all for no rules, and can see where you've arrived at your suggestions, but until you actually run a website on this kind of scale it's hard to appreciate. The best solution is a blanket block on everything else, that keeps it fair, legal and safe.

• Supporters

We don't have so much stuff for sale that you need to bump any more often than once in a week to keep your thread on the first page most of the time and usually always.

What you need to also consider is that, as a moderator, I'm trying not to be an arse to anybody. If someone bumps early and I write something in their thread about it, I feel I ought to leave at least a couple of days to give them every chance to have read it. So if they then bump early again, or break any other rules, and I delete it, it's all fair enough. If you could come along and 'legally' bump the morning of the third day, why should I have bothered with a warning? In which case I need to just go around deleting willy nilly without even the pretence of being civil about it, when it's the third time in ten minutes or something.

We have a friendly vibe by and large and that's a reason why I like it here. Nazi moderation would ruin the atmos. I realise you feel badly done to recently, but you would have got far less explanation, and invited opportunity to have your say about it, elsewhere.

Re airsoft items only...

There's plenty of experience of all sorts of stuff related to airsoft here. That makes it very difficult for anybody to make dishonest claims about anything they put up for sale/swap. You want to sell a 1999 Vauxhall Skip so you can buy an RIF... what does anybody say when a wheel falls off? It was low mileage, shoulda had a year left in it easy? WTF do the majority of us actually know that isn't rumour, somebody else's conjecture passed off as knowledge, and/or spurious comparison? At your own risk? Doesn't do the rep any good though, does it?

Anyway, the last thing I want to do is spend the whole of January trawling through endless threads of unwanted games after xmas when the reason a lot of them are unwanted is that the seller got it as a gift, rinsed it, wasn't impressed, and now wants to claim it's good to get the best price... I'll swap you a selection of Twinnings Teas for a bottle of Blaster 0.25's... Anybody want 8 pairs of sports socks for 1 pair of thousand mile socks? 2 Lynx washbags, a G-Shock watch, and a partridge in a pear tree for any AEG, must be two-tone...

I think not.

But I think a seperate thread should be opened for example (NON RELATED ITEMS FOR SWAPS) or (swaps for guns only) that wud stop the "8 pairs of sport socks" nonsence and only worthy things would be pisted for trade and im sure that u would agree on this idea and it could use a 5 day bump limit to stop spamming posts up as it would have a high number of items posted in a short time, for example sum1 with a gun could post sayin "ive got a gas blowback sa-80 and im looking to swap for a ps4 any1 interested?" or vice versa ps4 for gun, it would work well aslong as restrictions were made on posting retardedly cheap items as no 1 would swap for somthing useless, so they should have a easily identifiable item that u know what kinda value it has only con is if u get sum1 disshonest they could try to swap broken goods.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think you missed our point. Define 'worthy items', that could be sold in an 'other' section. Unless you make a very long list of what you call 'worthy' items, someone else will consider something 'worthy' that you really may not! It's the same problem.

If you allow airsoft and nothing else, it's easy to follow and it's fair. Everyone understands it.

• Supporters

Quote isn't working for me right now :lol: oh well...

Ebay the xbox and use the money to buy a gun. Jesus.

Yeah, Jesus. Buy a gun and then tell us... just what would you shoot?

In the sweepstake, bagsy "AN-94 at a field full of evangelical xtians".

Swapping what u have for an airsoft gun should be allowed within reason of value, pictures SHOULD be added but if unable, providing your email address and sending interested people piks via email should be an option, bumping of posts should be lowered to every 3 days as tbh not many posts are still active and active ones are fast being lost into the pile of them,asking for ukara should not be allowed unless you are an actual registered airsoft retailor. Plz post your thoughts on my ideas.

ASSASSIN

no.

I dunno why that is so painful to read. Hey hows this for an idea for rules to be adjusted: no leet/text speak! oh wait... there's already such rule!

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/2-rules/

Archived