Is my scope to powerful?

TED02
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It certainly looks the part- has too much magnification though, small tremors when holding the rifle will look like an earthquake through anything magnified highly like that.

It's not just that- it's target acquisition as well. Your Field Of View will be narrower, meaning that you won't be able to focus on a very broad area. It's kind of like comparing focused and unfocused light, one covers a wider area whereas the other illuminates a small space

• Supporters

Still too much realistically, your gun is a Well branded rifle so unless you've spent a few hundred on upgrades that magnification is obsolete. Even then it would still be a waste as it'd take much longer to acquire a target. I'd imagine judging distances through it wou;dn't be very intuitive either.

• Supporters

Hi Carl,

The first step with any problem is admitting you have a problem.

Nah, if it works for you then you are golden. However most airsoft snipers work with a 3-9 magnification. That's about right for most games, but totally up to you, I've found myself using my 3-9 on 9 for some games but then I'll play mostly as intel gathering when I do that as I'm normally miles away so couldn't hit anything realistically, but it is good for gathering info.

okay thanks it was just an old scope that my dad had an didn't what i like it cause it looks ridicules lol

and when i go airsofting its a gd way to start a conversation with other players that i don't know :)

but i under stand what your getting at M_P it takes abit to look down the sight and get locked on to my target.

Cheer NickM i play like you, stay well back and radio my friend the enemy position

• Supporters

I'm plenty perverted and my choices are 4x32 or 2-9x40 - I find the latter excessive for airsoft, but it does ok as a dildo.

• Supporters

I'm plenty perverted and my choices are 4x32 or 2-9x40 - I find the latter excessive for airsoft, but it does ok as a dildo.

Thanks makes no sense whatsoever. 4x zoom is okay for airsoft, but 2-9x is excessive? How does that work, the 2-9x is a much better choice.

• Supporters

oops i meant 3-9 and yeah, anything over 4 is unnecessary IMO

• Supporters

Still, 3-9x is more appropriate for airsoft than fixed 4x.

• Supporters

^^Maybe for a long sneaky stalk, but when you've got lads left and right regenning and running back up to your position going "Can't you keep their heads down? We can't get near 'em..." there's no time to be adjusting optics so you can see the crumbs in your target's beard...

• Supporters

No but you'd just leave it in 3x until you felt you needed more, which would be pretty much never. I think in airsoft anything over 4x would be unecessary so a 3-9x40/50 or whatever would be fine as it'd just be left on the lowest magnification- of course you're right that there's no need for 9x.

• Supporters

In most situations x9 is unnecessary, however, I play UCAP Sandpit regularly and can easily see the use for it there. At the beginning of games it has been useful to get a handle on defenders in positions and be able to PID them from a good distance, well outside their range and with no chance of them seeing me. This information can then be relayed to others and targets assigned so we aren't all gunning for the same people.

The difference is I know the effective range of my gun and I know the x9 is no good for regular play. It is purely used in an intel gathering tool. I'd say mostly I play using it on x3.

But hell if the scope was free then its a bargain, use it and change later if it doesn't work for you.

Archived