Best red dot sight?

tom_hcafc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It has a lot to do with looks.

41ABaB-j7%2BL._AA160_.jpg41y9bHwZGXL._AA160_.jpg41%2BRb9nwVQL._AA160_.jpg

All of these will do pretty much the same thing, the big difference is how they will look on your gun. The ones below will allow more leeway for your eye position, but essentially they do the same thing.

41zrPbhUVIL._AA160_.jpg41ZcH-CtwIL._AA160_.jpg41%2Be70-OUZL._AA160_.jpg417jcXGKroL._AA160_.jpg

Once you decide how you want your sight to look, I'm sure people who have that type of sight will be able to give recommendations.

I personally use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DYICQXY/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 its cheap, looks cool and does the job, It also has the benefit of backup ironsights. It actually looks much better made in reality than the pictures.

Buying from china seems to be a cost effective option with red dot sights.

One thing to take into account is that at the site I play at, weapon hits don't count. When you poke your head round a corner its therefore advantageous to have a big sight covering a large part of your face up :D

I'm pretty sure your choice of optic will depend on personal preference so it would be best to try some out before you buy first if possible. I personally like the look of the T1 sight but they're at least twice as much as some others.

In terms of manufacturers, I don't really know but I would be willing to spend more on a good quality one I know isn't going to break or be faulty.

Whichever you choose I strongly suggest you get a protector for it just in case it is shot, you can get flip up ones from Patrol Base for £10 each.

I really like the look of the Trijicon SRS http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/43058-2/mounted_SRS_0077.jpg

Not used one yet, but from what I have read they are a 'middle ground' between the EoTech and the T1 type sight.

No good if that big bulky scope doesn't count as a hit, but you face mask will :)

If you poke your head round a corner correctly your gun and sight will cover most of the side of your face, the corner will cover the other half of your face so only a small bit of the top of your head and your hands will make up the valid target area for you opponent (this works, but somehow I always still get hit in the hands and forehead :lol: )

Its definitely worth trying a red dot sight before you get one. There are lots of weird optical effects that will determine how well they will work for you. I for example am right handed but left eye dominant. My right eye is rather weak but that works in my favour as the actual red/green dot being bright gets superimposed on what my left eye sees. The black of the scope itself being dark, gets replaced by what my left eye sees. It doesn't work anywhere near as well when shooting left handed, even though my left eye is my good eye. In fact I tend to use the ironsights on top of my sight to shoot left handed.

• Supporters

It's a sight, and it has a red dot. It's just magnified.

It's an acog, no one would call it a red dot though, it's a magnified optic. An acog is no more a red dot than an Elcan, they're a different class of optic.

A red dot is generally an optic with a simple red dot reticle (surprise surprise) made for short distances and close quarters combat like an aimpoint.

• Supporters

1st piece of advice is don't buy an SRC Gen II anything.

Gen III good. Gen II not good. Gen I shit.

Eotech replicas tend to look good on M4's IMO. A 551 or 556 will give you room on your rail to mount a magnifier behind it too, at some point, if you fancy the full on tacticool.

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance considering buying from a website with "bbguns" in the name?

1st piece of advice is don't buy an SRC Gen II anything.

Gen III good. Gen II not good. Gen I sh*t.

Eotech replicas tend to look good on M4's IMO. A 551 or 556 will give you room on your rail to mount a magnifier behind it too, at some point, if you fancy the full on tacticool.

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance considering buying from a website with "bbguns" in the name?

I like the look of t1 aimpoints more, plus some magpul xtm rail covers at the front with black and tan opposite each other. Then a UBR stock and a silencer and it will look boss.

Plus the pmags

Archived