Gun Advice - Tell Me Im Right

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now this is just an observation.

Ive noticed that two of the most active parts of this forum are the wanted and for sale section, particularly the latter and the Gun Advice category.

It seems to me that people often ask for advice but then buy something totally different or just ignore the advice.

I have jokingly referred to it in the past as "going with my wife to buy a dress" because she rarely buys the dress that she went out to look for and my suggestions are largely ignored.

Buying an Airsoft weapon is so much more than just getting a gun. Its a fashion statement, it defines who you are, its just so much more than a tool. People don't tell you what to wear, do they ?

Why else would we all buy such a wide range of weapons ?

Cost comes into it, of course it does, but there is more.

Its a personal choice.

Im happy to chip in with replying to a specific question, especially if its about a weapon I own, but questions like "what gun should I get" ?

Have a google guys - theres a wide choice.

I often think people just post to be told that they have made the right choice. When people don't agree, it goes quiet. Do they post to be told they are right ?

Oh and if you think Im being grumpy. then I probably am - Id rather be out skirmishing..

This post is a bit tongue in cheek so nobody take offence, but please have a think and a google through You Tube reviews and past topics before you ask "what gun should I get"

Now, what should my next car be ?

I imagine it gives them some information on all the different brands and models, places to buy, places to avoid. For example I know through experience and information if I want a cheap reliable decent quality gun for less than £200 G&G same if I want a G17 WE or KSC. As for cars avoid Fiat Pinto diesels, gear boxes made from chocolate

Ive asked what gun should I buy before as I was looking for some opinions from people that have actually used the two guns I was asking about. Using the feedback I got, I found out which one would be a better overall gun for a beginner like myself. I only asked as I had narrowed it down to two guns that in my eyes were equal, but thought (like i said) would get some first hand experience. At the same time I also learned new places to buy, places to stay away from, upgrades to get, more info on the gun etc

And now I've ended up settling on the one people have recommended me.

"HMMMMMMM, what gun should should I get? This guy recommends me to get a G&G combat machine... hmmm, now that's good an all but.....I KNOW! I'll get a JBBG approved cheapo, orange, plastic, pot metal, shitted on l96 because I wanna be a COD modern warfare 3 arsehole!"

kids these days who play COD.

There are people such as yourself, jelly, who take advice and make an informed decision instead of jumping around- we have had one new player and forum member buy a complete shit of a gun off JustBBGuns despite being referred to different, more reliable retailers and other brands/models.

Said newbie proceeded to buy a pile-of-wank pistol even though Ian posted a link to his guide which specifically mentions to spend more money on mags/batteries etc rather than get a sidearm straight away.

• Supporters

One thing I never understand is when people ask for advice on a gun, then randomly start asking about a completely different one and this can happen many times within their original thread. Personally I think people that do that are timewasters and if I was in a position where I knew enough to give people advice I wouldn't bother when the poster ends up listing the majority of gun models you see at your average skirmish.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

You're pretty much on the money Baz, people ask 'what am bestest gun, is it this double eagle shitheap?', when the response is a negative they ignore it because they've already set their heart on the JBBG special.

People are mongs, it's why I don't often reply to the newbie advice threads these days.

kids these days who play COD.

I play CoD, really enjoy it too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Thought about changing my username to Frankenstein, but thought that may be a little presumptuous :lol:

I do get irritated and/or frustrated by people who come on here asking about some gun they've found and, when they get told it's pants, go ahead and buy it anyway, especially when it's from one of those AIDS spreading bbguns sites. But then again... I did exactly that :lol:

I was asking about the CYMA CM.028U tactical AK-47 and was universally advised against it, and by most people against anything from China, here and on other forums. I did buy it and it was fucking excellent! Having said that, i) I did do a fair bit of research and discovered that a lot of yanks were impressed with the performance of that model and CYMA AK's in general and ii) I intended from the start to take it to pieces and learn how AEG's work, so if, as seemed very possible, it was shit and/or I fucked it up, £125 wouldn't be such a kick in the crotch.

Well, guess what? I did fuck it up, but not before getting plenty of skirmish out of her and also learning a fair bit by trial and error - I've had so many different combinations of upgrade parts in her that, even if my memory wasn't the worse for meds, I couldn't have remembered them all. She does still make the odd appearance and may end up being recycled into a post-apocalyptic/terrorist weapon with a real steel AK-74 stock.

There's at least one moral to that story somewhere, but I CBA. Anyway, I also quite like what am bestest gun threads because they make me look into guns I normally wouldn't even consider. Yeah, there's a good reason for that more often than not, but there's always the finding alternatives... it's a bit sad that so many of them turn out to have no better alternative than some CM16 or other... but every now and then someone comes on asking about a Ruger MK1 for eg, which may be a bit moody in the spare mag department, but commensurately cheap and also powerful and apparently accurate...

• Supporters

I kinda had my heart set on getting the VFC HK416 but after some of the guys on here explained how using a recoil shock will make you cry tears of joy I was swayed. I guess it is human nature to try and find people to backup your opinion though, I've certainly been guilty of it on a number of occasions lol.

I try to list a couple of models that fit my criteria and ask for pros and cons.

It just gets irritating when people ask for an idea for a rifle and then when people suggest, the OP keeps shooting the ideas down, because it turns out they already have one model in mind. Wastes everybody's time and its often laziness on the part of the OP.

Archived