My first pistol

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

as always I vouch for KWA PTP. damn they are good.

can handle propane, feels good, works in all weathers... feel real? well it was developed and used for training (PTP- Professional Training Pistol)

• Supporters

I want a KWA (Umarex) H&K USP.45 Match, but I've got a few ongoing projects to complete before I can spare the money. There is one caveat though: the blasted "Match" logo on the compensator - my hole it's hideous; it looks like the sort of font you'd find on a JML arse hair plucker or something! Anyway, a bit of shop later and we can all enjoy what my future darling may look like instead:

1450222_250758198415398_585041079_n.jpg

Although, thinking about it, I'll probably go with something like:

"<<-FU"

• Supporters

^^For CQB and close up backup, yeah, but unmodified they only do about 220FPS - still, no worries about performance in cold weather. The CYMA Glock 18C has a good rep, as far as I can tell. But then again, all Glocks are Lego so I couldn't actually recommend one :lol:

• Supporters

What about electric pistols, are they any good?

They have their uses but really you want to be getting a gas pistol. AEP users tend to stick to the argument that you have to buy gas for gas pistols which is a waste and that they're cheaper but when you have and use a gbb one regularly, you'll really appreciate it. They're cheaper for a reason- they have slow trigger response and weak performance when compared to the majority of decent gbbs. If you're on a very low budget then go for one by all means but even in that case, you're better off waiting and saving up for something gas powered.

For you first pistol and you want it to feel real look at the WE line up- just ignore their 1911s, hicapas and m9s though. KWA/KSC are also a good option for the most part but cost more with no huge benefit.

Actually seeing as you want it to be realistic, walk straight past AEPs, don't even consider one :P

^^For CQB and close up backup, yeah, but unmodified they only do about 220FPS - still, no worries about performance in cold weather. The CYMA Glock 18C has a good rep, as far as I can tell. But then again, all Glocks are Lego so I couldn't actually recommend one :lol:

I play indoor CQB so power isn't really an issue. But Obviously more is better :P

I know I said no plastics but what's your option on TM desert eagles?

• Supporters

I play indoor CQB so power isn't really an issue. But Obviously more is better :P

I know I said no plastics but what's your option on TM desert eagles?

They're not bad, they shoot well and feel pretty solid but they're very big, bulky and heavy- if you want a side-arm the desert eagle isn't very practical :)

• Supporters

It's supposed to be a good gun, but I dunno - 260FPS OOTB...

Still, somebody shot me with one that was putting out approx 345 and hit my left thumb base knuckle from about 2m - literally paralysed my thumb for a couple of days! Fuck knows what he had done to it though - probably CO2, but maybe 9 Ball barrel...

What I'd be concerned about is how big it is. I mean, I like big pistols, because my hands are big, but I'd be concerned that something as big as a Deagle may take fractions of a second longer to draw, then to aim, and also deflect more from the slightest tremble.

• Supporters

It's supposed to be a good gun, but I dunno - 260FPS OOTB...

The desert eagles tend to come in quite hot for TMs, normally nearer 300 ootb- most reatailers just stick to 260-280 for all TM guns descriptions.

The guy you mentioned with one at 345 may well have used some high flow valves and/or a tightbore, that would probably bring it up to about that level, a TM wouldn't take co2 so that's probably not the case :)

The desert eagles tend to come in quite hot for TMs, normally nearer 300 ootb- most reatailers just stick to 260-280 for all TM guns descriptions.

The guy you mentioned with one at 345 may well have used some high flow valves and/or a tightbore, that would probably bring it up to about that level, a TM wouldn't take co2 so that's probably not the case :)

What's the difference with the gases? Does one give out more power than the others?

• Supporters

What's the difference with the gases? Does one give out more power than the others?

Yeah, CO2 is pretty much the strongest usable one in the UK but there are a fair few sites that don't allow it.

You ought to be looking at using abbey ultra, predator, green gas or propane. Preferably propane- it's green gas but without the lubricants stuffed inside it- it's also the cheapest by quite a margin. Green gas/Propane will give the best power output for UK temperatures as the others are a bit weaker.

Yeah, CO2 is pretty much the strongest usable one in the UK but there are a fair few sites that don't allow it.

You ought to be looking at using abbey ultra, predator, green gas or propane. Preferably propane- it's green gas but without the lubricants stuffed inside it- it's also the cheapest by quite a margin. Green gas/Propane will give the best power output for UK temperatures as the others are a bit weaker.

Isn't propane a little dangerous though?

• Supporters

Isn't propane a little dangerous though?

Some sites will not allow pure propane, like for camping stoves or lamps, and the reason given is safety. It is bollocks though, because, as M_P said, Green Gas is propane with added silicone lubricant. The real issue is insurance. If something says it's for airsoft use on the can and if some one in a million thing happens like a meteorite hits a mag in someone's pocket and it sets fire to their clothes etc., then it's all cool as far as liability goes - it's tough titty; but if it's propane that isn't intended for airsoft use and the site knowingly allowed it, maybe they've violated their duty of care, or some arseholery of that sort...

Thing is mind, that lubricant is in there for a reason, so it's probably best to run Green Gas through the mags periodically, even if you are using propane usually.

I should just add that my pistol is a non-blowback (NBB) USP and runs on CO2 bulbs - it's a fucking beast - around 370FPS 1st shot dropping to 350-ish by the 6th in any quick burst of trigger spamming!

Aep's on lipos have good trigger response, hence why im converting mine :-) reason i got an aep is because its cheaper to run and is a backup so why spend 100 for a gbb with one mag when i can get an aep with 3 mags and lipo it for the same cost.

They only shoot around 200 standard but you shouldnt be sniping with a pistol to require a good speed to target.

Its swings and roundabouts though, there are pros and cons for both aep and gbb.

Do you mind half plastic guns? In this case a plastic slide. The TM Hicapa series-Although a bit on the fugly side(It's an acquired taste) are really good. Gas efficiency is fantastic,flawless cycling and really reliable. FPS is around 310 with green gas.

Parts are common like cow shit and rather cheap too.

Just one little niggle-The slide does not have a steel insert where the catch goes,and the plastic wears out if you abuse the slide release. One solution is to get a new slide or Power stroke it,power stroking is simply pulling back on the slide when a fresh mag is inserted to let it free.

The frame is made of a nice quality die cast aluminum and not zinc like a lot of cheaper guns.

Another option is the KWA HK45 or KWA USP. I've only seen a USP in use but it's really cool,hard kick,the shock moving the shooter's arm was visible from quite a distance. Metal quality is good judging from some sources,KWA don't tend to use cheap zinc in most of their stuff externally. Reliable guns and good solid performers. Dunno about the niggles personally. HK45 is recommended since I often see reviews and such after long periods of use and it's proven it's reliability,much like the USP.

• Supporters

I like that Biohazard M9.

Back in the day I fired a RS Beretta 92F with part of the Combat mod (which is actually for target shooting, not fighting, despite the name lol) - anyhoo it had a compensator for a longer barrel on it but ordinary sights. You could also cock it and put the safety on, which i think you couldn't do on the stock 92F. Holey shit it was powerful! And easy to get a decent grouping with it too.

The way the trigger works on the M9 is slightly odd (i think it's double action but i'm no gun-nut) - that pic has the trigger in the 1st position, which is very comfortable for my trigger finger, but after the first shot the trigger only resets half way back, so it looks natural for a trigger, not that funky forward angle. Unfortunately I don't find that position as comfortable, but decocking after each shot would be a bit of a ball-ache :lol:

i have had this version for 9 ish months and only problem ive had in that time is a faulty seal so personally i like. however is is probably gonna be worth changing the grips as the metallic paint rubs off... there's also a new resident evil gun somewhere, ill find the link if i can.... found it theres a we version but ant remember where has them... http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-biohazard-6-sig-custom-limited-edition-gbb-pistol

Archived