WE vs TM

jay83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, im after getting a new pistol, Beretta or G18. I have always been a TM guy but have heard that WE is as good as them and at £40 less ish. Can anyone confirm this who has had both?

Any insights would be great.

Cheers Guys

Jay - Surrey Viper Squad

• Supporters

If you want a glock, get the WE but the outer barrels are weak on them- as with many WE pistols. Although the TM will probably suffer less cool down and better consistency.

If you want a beretta m9 get the TM, the WE is worse than crap, if you want a PX4 get TM for performance or the WE if you really want metal.

The KWA glocks are ok as are their m9s so they could be another to consider.

As a owner of many WE pistols over the years,,including the G18 and an M9, the M9 I had the Marine model, and was in fact a bloody gun pistol, great build, great recoil and looks. The Glock was a well was a great pistol, although I would agree with the previous post about the outer barrels. I do honestly believe that WE have upped their game plan over the last few years, with the PX4, as well as the newer line of modern pistols, the price is hard to beat, however if you're not bothered about the "all metal" rule that seems to make up a lot of buyers minds these days, TM pistols may not be as "all metal" as some of the other manufactures, but they honestly have the lead, I think in quality and consistency.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, so it's everyone to their own opinion. But think on this, I've had lost count of players and friends who have gone and bought a an "all metal pistol" which is fine, bit not all players use their sidearms, most simply place them in holsters, dare I not say for looks....and when they pull the pistol out to fire......on a cold day, a hiss of gas can be heard (we have all been there), so maybe plastic build which is so much better for cool down is better in the long run, but I suspect I am in the minority..LOL.

Airsoft is a sport, a past time, it's a sport that you are meant to enjoy yourself with your mates, so if you want spend a little extra or a little less, it's up too you.

WE's latest models,such as the PX4,Glocks,M&P and P226s are OEM by a Taiwanese outfit called HK3P. They are pretty solid pistols,however some have some casting issues,weak metals and of course they are run by WE's fantastic QC department. Still bloody good value for money. I'd recommend any newer WE pistol aside from the Hicapas and 1911s,they have been utter socks for their lifetimes.

Any Modern TM pistol is a good investment really aside from the XDM and P226 non E2. They have some weak internals.P226 E2 rectified the older ones problems though.

In particular,the 1911 series and the Hicapas are super reliable and accurate,while the glocks have fantastic cooldown resistance. Deagle is a tank and has a great kick too. M9A1 is a godsend as it rectifies the shitiness of the old M92f. This version has not been cloned from what I can tell.

Since this is a WE vs TM thing I'll leave KWA and KSC out of this,but their HK45,Glocks(KSC) and USP are phenomenal.

• Supporters

WE's latest models,such as the PX4,Glocks,M&P and P226s are OEM by a Taiwanese outfit called HK3P.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way round- WE make them but use 'HK3' to sell guns with trades on them, the same way VFC use Stark arms for example.

• Supporters

I read somewhere that the HK3 stuff was coming from a new factory and is only being called WE as an umbrella until it becomes well known.

I think what I've read is the same thing Ian's read. With HK3 being the OEM and using WE as an umbrella.

Then it gets even more confusing with chinese wholesalers saying the 'made in taiwan' stuff is fake and that the HK3 guns are actually made in china.

Thanks for all the info guys thats really helpful. I have always been a TM guy and it really comes down to in the end like Profink said, If you cant afford to buy TM you buy a WE, thats the only reason. Hummm now to save a bit more and buy the TM G18.

Cheers

Archived