What MP5 is this?

Jamin1510
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all :)

Since I've started college this year I've made a few friend who, since finding out from me, have now shown some interest in airsoft. (The team shall grow!) ;)

Anyway, one of my friends has an old MP5 that was bought for him when he was about 8/9. It works fine but the trigger has snapped off and he would like to replace it which i said was relatively easy. However he does not know the make of it. He lives in another town to me so I have not had the chance to examine it or see if its TM compatible or if a standard replacement mp5 trigger will work. It has no trademarks at all so no clues there but he sent me a picture of it. He managed to get it apart and from the looks of it, it does appear to be TM compatible from the way it comes apart (not like an LPEG). Other than that all i know is it is mostly plastic and has a plastic gearbox. It is black and pre-dates VCRA so I don't know who it could be made by. I was thinking Double Eagle or CYMA (looks like a similar gearbox to their AK).

I was wondering if any of you might know?

(p.s. sorry about the poor quality of the picture)

post-6170-0-60552800-1384358676_thumb.jpg

Plastic box, no bushings, plastic gears, small motor, 4xAA based battery, low amp wires between motor and trigger... Etc. etc....

Don't know how to put it in a nice manor so excuse me for saying it so directly: Your gun is a cheep child version that's not worth upgrading, and they don't make seperate replacement parts for guns in that price range....

Sorry dude... But throw it in the garbage bin and buy a new gun ...( Or try to mend it with some plastic, glue, and "magical squirrel saliva" )

The stock and foregrip may be salvagable if your friend gets another MP5. Don't know about the magazine.

Archived