Hi Guys

RossUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

Thought i'd drop a post in just to introduce myself.

I played about a year ago with some friends and fell in love, however only having a part time job and going to uni I never had the time/money to get into Airsoft properly.

However 1 year on, I've graduated and now have a full time job; going to my first event with the same bunch of mates this Saturday with the intention of getting some gear and making a real hobby out of it.

Based in Stoke and going to Op Tac, Madeley. Maybe some of you are from round here?

Ross.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, Ross. No doubt your mates will be able to steer you clear of the unscrupulous wankers out there whose bright orange and black websites with bbguns in the url are aimed at nothing but lying to noobs... /rant :lol: Always a good idea to get a number of views on what's crap / good / better / best though so don't feel shy about asking any questions, no matter how simple they may seem.

Welcome to this great hobby mate, your be spending hours looking on your ebay app at attachements you dont need for your gun soon like me!!

Prob wont see you at events coz your up north with the Hairy strange looking people and im down south with the normal people but maybe at Ground Zero next year if you go. Good luck with this great hobby!!

Remember this bit of advice.

Get your parcels delivered to work address so the Mrs has no idea how much your spending on equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha Jay83, it's fantastic how many guys I meet who seem to be doing more stealth at home than on the field, keeping the missus in the dark as to the costs of this hobby! :P

Welcome Ross :) One tip? Research, research, research. It's a pricey hobby no matter what, and hours of research can save you hundreds of pounds!

Archived