Moving M4 wiring from rear to front??

CaptainSwoop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have two rear wired M4s (Well M14A1s)

They are both rear wired.

I wantto change one of them to front wiring for a battery in a Magpul hand guard.

I can fins plenty of guides for swiching to rear wiring but not one fot he other way.

I see how the wires go through in to the foregrip via the delta ring and front of the Reciever.

I am not sure about how to route the wire from the hole in the front of the gearbox by the trigger and up past the Hop Up unit without being fouled by the magazine..

There isn't really you just have to jam them as high as you can , insert a magazine and try it. If you rewire it bear in mind that some wire can have really thick insulation which makes it a real pain in the arse to squeeze in. You will also need some form of quick connections like bullet or spade connectors so you can disassemble your gun easily. I used the wire from air-lab, it's 16 AWG but is really very thin compared to the stuff I originally got from eBay

It kind of depends on the model of gun. Some models has some wire attachment points infront in the nozzle (that screws in after the gearbox is installed) but most models don't... One the once that don't you will (as mike said) have to squease them in place... A good ida is to get wires with thin isolation (again as mike said), but also wires that are a bit stiff so they will keep a nice bend to them makes it a bit more easy. Because wires that are flexible can find there way down into the mag well after they have been installed ... So in general stiff wires with thin isolation, and then bend them upwards at the point where they exit the gearbox, then bend them to folow (below) the cylender, and up in fron of the cylender, around the hop up feading tube, and underneath the barrel and out ... and bullet connectors is in most cases the best kind that will allow the most amps (because most small spade connectors give less contact area than bullit connectors) ...

Hope it helps...

Archived