Goggles

gazm1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having to wear glasses is a pita but I am just about to buy these: http://www.safetyspecs.co.uk/Bolle%20Twister.htm

But currently its just bog standard over the glasses safety specs. Not very tactical at all!

• Supporters

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced set of goggles? Ive got a set of mesh ones but I find that the view is quite restricted.

Something similar to these

31%2BcUtQ8jbL._SX342_.jpg

I think the problem is that the good ones aren't especially cheap. You could try the ESS fan jobbies or just invest in some decent anti-fog and get used to using it ALL. THE. TIME.

• Supporters

agreed, cheap and good sadly don't often go together, I have a pair of ESS profile turbofan goggles and while they're very good they're still not fog-proof! I managed to get them to fog up the weekend just gone, even with the fan constantly on and the ESS no-fog cloth used on the inside of the lens.

Admittedly, it was a warm afternoon in a very, very wet wood and I was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop, but they DID still fog up a bit.

Also, at £130 (cheapest place I could find in the UK) they cost more than some people's guns, which is a serious downer!

Having to wear glasses is a pita but I am just about to buy these: http://www.safetyspecs.co.uk/Bolle%20Twister.htm

But currently its just bog standard over the glasses safety specs. Not very tactical at all!

i have the same but with a yellow lence they fog up very quick i found the best way round this is not to use the strap they still stay on without it they are good they can withstand a 500fps bb at point black range not even a scrach on them

I use my issue revision sawfly glasses and my revision goggles(not at the same time, that would be silly) both very good and little to no fogging.

• Supporters

How about Smith Boogies? They are eyeshields with a face seal, elastic around the back and a number of 1mm holes for ventilation along the top to help ventilate out the top. The holes are too small to let any BBs in, and are spaced apart so you don't get a perforation prone area in the lens. Sadly, even open eyeshields (Guarder glasses) are prone to fogging in soggy Britain. There was a great British Army wax-based demisting kit for the S10 respirator lenses, needed reapplication after every game, but very effective for airsofting (sadly only found one tube of this in a box, would have loved to have more). Goggles are tricky as many face sealing ones sit off the face, thus interfering with cheek weld on the stock, but the face sealing ones that try to sit on the face like glasses can press onto the eye socket and are relatively uncomfortable. Most eyeshields sit comfortably on the face like glasses, but don't seal off the eye cavity and a BB could theoretically enter from the gaps.

Archived