Dat Google Chrome Effectz

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You know how when you type on google chrome or microsoft word or whatever your mind what to use.... And if you type a word wrong, it will underline it red?

Then you right click it to get the corrected version or if you're on word, sometimes it automatically does that for you.

And if you're the kind of person who types 24/7 with no breaks and has a shit bucket underneath them, you'll get used to the red underline thingy.

But it's when you are told to hand write something important...... that's when it starts. (dadum) Like a million word essay on why smoking is bad. Or 2 million words on why essays are important.

So, you think,"Nae bother, I'll ace this anytime. No need to check my spelling on the way."

But it's when you're writing the important piece and you spell a word wrong. You think, "Ack, nae bother, it will underline red and i'll right click to get the corrected version."

And you wait.

You wait

You wait

You wait

You wait

Nothing

Tumbleweed blows by

Wind is blowing

You swallow saliva

You breathe

You wait

"What is happening?"

You look around

You gaze at the misspelt word you silly boy

The clock is ticking

And you wait.

But suddenly you realise, "OH MA GAWD, IT'S NOT GOOGLE CHROME!!!!"

You don't have any tippex, and you've used an expensive ball point pen which is fade proof... You're screwed.

You're gonna have to scribble all over it and obliterate it in the process.

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Scribble

Massive black blotch with lines going everywhere.

ARGHARGHFUIJNKXLSUKBUAHVUHLJSKBSGDVHJBSGVDTYSVBGDVFDYGHSVDYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIL.

You are now reading this sentence which you decide to carry on reading because of your curiosity that you might read some sexually explicit content but I can tell you that there is none in this sentence but yet you are still reading on your own will because you want to know how it ends but you are still reading out of your curiosity even though this sentence has no meaning what so ever and you are currently still reading this because you desperately want to read to the end of this sentence because you are a silleh boy.

in response to the first sentence, which also happens to be the one I reed:

I know when I open google chrome every 12 months or so saying to myself "no, I must have been mistaken.. it couldn't possible be worse than IE"... well it is.

edit:

ok tried to skim thru the whole post:

the what??

• Supporters

actually i get it, Friz

when i was @college then uni (98-03) i used to spend so much time using a whole raft of expensive 'ware that it became like an extension of my mind

the rot set in when Apple introduced Snippets with OS X so you can literally use any space within an app where you can type words as a jotter - just select what u've written & drag it onto the desktop = instant file & u can drag it straight into another document

my point being that rather than my @the-time-hitherto usual mental process of remembering to give a thought some consideration at some point in the future, i'd just type out strings of key words and later dump them into a read me accompanying the files of whatever i was working on and/or a random_ideas_13-11-18.txt

i dropped a bowl of sugar onto a lino-over-concrete floor one time = reached for "Apple Z" and was confused for a sec when there was no 'undo' available... - it happened a few times, but that was the strongest shock reaction i felt after failing to undo reality

Archived