Interested in starting air soft. Locations in Bedfordshire or Buckinghamshire?

beedenboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am looking to start airsoft as a weekend hobby, however don't know of any people who would be interested in going, also I am unaware of any local locations. Could any one shine a light on this for me.

Much appreciated.

There is a very good site at RIFT near Banbury, which is not that far, depending on your location in the county.

I was playing up there today in the sunshine and I have posted some site photos on the AIRSOFT SOFSIM Facebook page.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums and the sport/hobby :)

I'm not your man for that neck of the woods, but as you can see, info will not be long in forthcoming.

Just a quick heads up, before you spend any money, discuss your dis/likes and ideas on here because there are a number of unscrupulous arseholes out there whose main business model appears to be lying to noobs. Those whose urls contain bbguns are all to be steered clear of for eg.

Hi, I'm from Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire.

We have got loads of good sites around this area, and me and the lads can take you under our wing.

We're part of a very well organised team, MKVS, another chapter In SVS. We welcome new members.

R.I.F.T is an amazing site! It's an old WW2 site with all the bunkers still there, bout 45 min drive.

There is also two sites in Milton Keynes, one in Simpson, and one in Newton longville.

If you have any thing you need answering feel free to message me.

Also search MiltonKeynes ViperSquad on Facebook and feel free to add us :)!

• Supporters

Don't buy anything until you've gone atleast once.

Except boots if you don't already have some which will do for a day.

Here for the gen.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Just an update, I went to my first airsoft day at Red1Airsoft in Watford on my own. They were very welcoming and soon spoke with other players. Had a brilliant day, and will be going back in two weeks.

It took me nearly a year to build up the courage to go on my own as nobody else I knew was interested. It's not a nice feeling going to an event like that by yourself. However, take the leap and I'm sure you won't regret it. If anybody is new and is looking to go with red1airsoft by yourself, then please key me know, I will make you feel comfortable as many others did for me.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thats how I started - just went along to a site on my own. For the most part airsofters are a friendly and welcoming bunch.

Red1 is good - I go there regularly, as long as there's not too many people. Pre X-Mas it was great, first one post was just too busy.

Another one is XSite Outpost near Berkhampstead/Dunstable/Tring. Went there with my regular group (again from Red1) last Sunday and it's very good - limited to just 40 people as well.

Archived