LM308MWS or L129A1 build

Bottledtorment
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all , I have decided for my next gun I want to build a L129A1. The DMR used by the British forces and co.

I have thought about using an AR15 / M4 for the base as I can't find any pre built kits of sorts.

But not being a gun perv and Airsoft Oracle like some of you lot , I'm not sure on what would suit it best and what stuff would fit well.

I'm more looking at the prices to be relatively low as I can't spend an arm and a leg as I need them for Airsofting . :P

I have included the best sources I could find.

post-7335-0-10553600-1384036877_thumb.jpg

post-7335-0-62727500-1384036880_thumb.jpg

post-7335-0-54154800-1384036882_thumb.jpg

post-7335-0-98884200-1384036884_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

the AR15 is 5.56, the L129A1 is 7.62 iirc

you would be better off with a SR25, the only issue then is the monolithic top rail :(

edit :- and no one makes a x6 acog clone yet :(

• Supporters

It needs building off an SR25 type receiver, the rifle isn't 5.56, it's 7.62

Having said that, the rail is 'unavailable' due to it being a single piece upper/rail combo on the RS version

You want a PTS Ergo pistol grip and either the Magpul PRS or a standard crane stock. Again, due to the 7.62 nature of the rifle, you're going to struggle as 7.62 buffer tubes are chunky and not something you can put any old stock on.

If you pull it off, you'll have an awesome rifle, but it ain't gonna be cheap. There's good reason none I've seen come close to looking like the real thing ;)

• Supporters

Magpul PRS or a standard crane stock.

Pretty sure the PRS was rejected in testing ;)

Best starting point is an SR-25k It's shorter and has the stock sorted so makes it a bit easier. As said the real receivers and rail cannot be bought for airsoft as no one makes them- same with the 6x acog so a free float rail (a noveske or urx is probably best) and a regular scope will do (they are in use too so no problem there)

Ed has pretty much the closest you can get in airsoft to one so he can help with any specifics.

It'll be a dmr so will need upgrading regardless of the base rifle so go for an A&K as it's the cheapest so reduces the total cost.

Yes, it's not a 7.62 receiver!!!

Best bet is to get a G&G SR25 and go from there.

*Sigh* I see . I just don't like the price of that one :L

• Supporters

I found this which may work as base? any horrible problems with this gun?

http://www.airsoftworld.net/aeg-sr-15-zombie-killer-special-xmas-offer.html

Wrong calibre, needs to be an SR25 variant.

i have the G&G SR25, its nice, 341fps as standard

Unless they do an SR25k (i dont think they do) he's probably better off with an A&K, it's closer externally and if he wants a serious DMR the internals will be swapped anyway.

The g&g will also have a load of trades on it that will stand out a bit.

• Supporters

Unless they do an SR25k (i dont think they do) he's probably better off with an A&K, it's closer externally and if he wants a serious DMR the internals will be swapped anyway.

The g&g will also have a load of trades on it that will stand out a bit.

they do 2 versions, silenced and un-silenced, unsilenced i think is closer to what the OP wants :unsure: , but you do get the V2.5 gearbox with the A&K.

• Supporters

they do 2 versions, silenced and un-silenced, unsilenced i think is closer to what the OP wants :unsure: , but you do get the V2.5 gearbox with the A&K.

Doesn't matter silenced or not the K is still a fair bit closer, saves buy a new stock, buffer tube and outer barrel too :P

Sr25:

airsoft_GG_GR25sr25_C.jpg

SR25k:

ERM-AK-SR25K-BK.jpg

Doesn't matter silenced or not the K is still a fair bit closer, saves buy a new stock, buffer tube and outer barrel too :P

Sr25:

airsoft_GG_GR25sr25_C.jpg

SR25k:

ERM-AK-SR25K-BK.jpg

I like the K , It is easier to set up too. :)

I saw this which from what intel I could gather is a Legit pic.

This looks like a good basis for a loadout too . :3

Also counters the scope problem . :P

post-7335-0-54251200-1384120935_thumb.jpg

Archived