Filming location and extras

deadringer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,
My name is Ash. I’m afraid this is a slightly strange request but I was just wondering if anyone could help me with something
I am currently in the process of preparing to film a music video for a Norwich based band and I am looking for a good location to film that fits our criteria.
I am looking for an airsoft site or location with buildings that preferably arent too derelict, and I will also be looking to see if anyone near the location we decide on would be interested in being extras in the video.
If this is something that anyone could offer help with, I would love to discuss arrangements and requirements.
Regards,

Ash Griffiths

Hi Ash, the best places for that would be CQB / Urban sites.

Filming in a public location is out of the question, unless you want to say hello to the armed police.

Here's the closest one to Norwich: http://www.urbanassault.org.uk/

If that site isn't for you, then take a look here for more or less all the sites in the UK: http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!! Unfortunately urbanassault have seem to have had a bad experience in the past with film companies and have declined us use sadly.

I've scoured the internet for hours to try and find what we're after but i'm finding it pretty tough to find decent site pictures of their urban areas.

The only ones i can find have buildings covered in grafitti.

We basically require a warehouse or mall etc.

Without revealing too much due to contracts, we require somewhere that looks as though a high end drug deal would occur. Do you know of any sites that posess something like this?

cheers

• Supporters

It might be a bit of a trek but how about The Mall in Reading, alternatively there is UCAP Sandpit near Dartford. None of the buildings have graffiti but if you look on google maps there aren't quite as many left now but if you are careful with your angles you could get some great shots. They have a facebook group with some pretty talented photographers getting shots of players.

Archived