DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

yeah boiii time for a necro

Sewn and ironed the neck cover on the hood of my jacket. When worn it forms closely to the neck and covers the zipper/pouch area where the hood would normally be folded. The thick canvas of the hood is attached to elastic,and stretches to fit,hence why I only badly attached it to 3 points :D

I found it always soaked through this area in heavy rain but I think this should stop it now. Downside is the hood is now permanently folded out,but I never fold it into the collar anyway.

s9VawB2.jpg

Have upgraded my Mobius scopecam again, the 25mm lens worked fine with a 350 fps rifle but have now gone to 500fps so thought the camera needed more zooms :-)

DSC_0202_zpsckv4z8rc.jpg

• 2 years later...

First attempt at a BB bag, used some scrap cloth to test the concept.

I will make a proper camo one next.

The insert in the bottle neck makes it easier to pour into a flashmag or speed loader without losing BBs.  It can be removed to re-fill the bag.

Cheers

G

DSC_0054[1].JPG

• Supporters

Lol, more necro. Still, neat idea. Interested to see how it works

• Supporters

‘Necro post’ a term used by a forum contributor who has nothing constructive to add but can’t bare the thought of NOT commenting on another forum users perceived indiscretion at commenting on an old thread ? 😉

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

‘Necro post’ a term used by a forum contributor who has nothing constructive to add but can’t bare the thought of NOT commenting on another forum users perceived indiscretion at commenting on an old thread ? 😉

Hey, I said it looked like a cool project and I wanted to see the final product as well as useless comments (plus I dont see necroing as a bad thing if its relevant). ;D

• Supporters
6 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Hey, I said it looked like a cool project and I wanted to see the final product as well as useless comments (plus I dont see necroing as a bad thing if its relevant). ;D

Chill not having a dig , just a bit of sarcastic banter bud 👍

• Supporters
Just now, Druid799 said:

Chill not having a dig , just a bit of sarcastic banter bud 👍

Yea, sarcasm doesnt really translate well over the internet, otherwise you'd have realized my two post were also semi-sarcastic :D

While waiting for materials for the bag mark II, thought I'd try something else.

I keep getting hit just under the second joint of my left index finger at close quaters, so re-enforced the glove with 2mm neoprene foam.

I tidied the foam edges before rolling the glove back the right way round.

Cheers

G

P1040181.jpg

• Supporters

Do you glue or stitch the insert to the material ? Just thinking your going to get bbs around the back if you don’t attach the material too it .🤔

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Do you glue the insert to the material or not ? Just thinking your going to get bbs around the back if you don’t attach the material too it .🤔

I haven't done one with the insert yet, was planning to stich it, so BBs don't get stuck behind it.

It defintely needs to be stiffer at the front to make pouring easer, as I tried the bag without today.  My other idea was to stitch a piece of a wire hanger cut to size, bent into a U shape.

Cheers

G

MkII with no insert vs Mark III with the insert, Mark III stands straighter and is easer to pour from.

74776704_DSC_00611.thumb.JPG.c51caffc7e8cc073a0c0846305785333.JPG

DSC_0058[1].JPG

DSC_0057[1].JPG

Preview of my next project.  Stitching is a bit rough, so Mr Crye has nothing to fear 😉

Just glad I can actually sew the sides, was worried it wouldn't work.

Cheers

G

DSC_0063[1].JPG

All done.

Might make a DPM BB bag next and a comms pouch cover as modern comms pouches for modern kit only seem to come in MTP.  I'll cover up the MTP.

DSC_0065[1].JPG

13 hours ago, MisterG said:

All done.

Might make a DPM BB bag next and a comms pouch cover as modern comms pouches for modern kit only seem to come in MTP.  I'll cover up the MTP.

DSC_0065[1].JPG

Lookin good mate. Check Amazon for radio pouches, got my ATAC FG from there and the holster. 

Was wondering where do you get the camo material for the bb bags?

2 minutes ago, Duff said:

Lookin good mate. Check Amazon for radio pouches, got mu ATAC FG from there and the holster. 

Was wondering where do you get the camo material for the bb bags?

I've got an MTP modern pouch and a DPM old style pouch, but don't think modern radio's will fit in the DPM pouch.

I look on eBay for the cheapest camo tops and buy those, I think trying to buy material would be much more expensive.  E.g got one shirt for £5

So did some tweaking to the BB bag, used a cut down hanger to stiffen two sides of the bag, retrofitted to Mark II.  I also removed the insert as it restricts the outflow of BBs too much.

Much easier to load hi-caps now, holds about 4000 BBs.

Cheers

G

DSC_0067[1].JPG

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Fancy making me one of those G? Beer tokens for time and materials of course. 

Making the bag is easy, problem is drinking all that lemon juice 😁

The lemon bottles are just about the right size, not so big that BBs spill all over, but not too small that the BBs jam and flow is restricted.

I reckon BB bottles are just a bit too big, and would spill more easily when loading up mags.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next project, DPM radio pouch cover.

Don't usually run DPM and comms, but need it for a specific event next weekend.

DSC_0068[1].JPG

Any bottle with a diameter of 2-2.5cm would probably do.  I orginally went with the lemon bottles for the insert, which I am no longer using.  The lemon bottles are 2.5, If I find a bottle that is slightly smaller may try that.

BB bottles and water bottles seem a bit too big, could still work , but would need to be more carefull when filling mags/speedloaders.

Now one in DPM.  Calling it a day on this, time to work on my guns for next week.

DSC_0069[1].JPG

• 2 months later...

DIY extended hop window.  Bit rough, but hoping it will give me a more range.

Mainly done with a dremel-like tool and then hand file.

Will be just flat hopped for now, might try ER Hop later on.

Cheers

G

P1040258.JPG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.