DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So the ACM PK-A red dot sight i ordered a while ago has been sat around getting acquainted with sweet Fanny Adams. The reasons were twofold - even with the locking mechanism completely removed it was too tight to fit onto a AK style dovetail side mount and even had that not been the case, the little turret where the wiring went from the switch into the tube stuck out too far so it could not clear an AK top cover, or indeed that of the PP-19 Bizon 2 for which i ordered it.

So I dremmeled the side mount fittings:

IMG_0043_1.jpg

Tried to unscrew the turret:

IMG_0042_1.jpg

...but it just spun round and round without coming undone.

So I just cut through 2/3rds of it and snapped it off:

IMG_0044_1.jpg

...then neatened it up with the Dremmel.

Unfortunately I had cut through the black wire, however there was enough left to solder to the piece outside the turret - woohoo/phew!

I then coated the wires in hot melt glue to make it BB-proof:

IMG_0045_1.jpg

And now it fits on the Bizon just fine:

IMG_0046_1.jpg

...I can't remember what I named her, or even if I did, but she deffo needs a name now!

• Supporters

Sashenka.

Russian name it means defender of man.

Ooooo I like it

• Supporters

It's a male name though, sorta like "Little Sasha".

• Supporters

The diminuitive reminded me though - i did name her: Valyushka!

• Supporters

Oh yeah - i forgot to mention: before snapping the turret off I had to de-solder the red wire from the interior and afterwards, obviously, i had to reconnect the red wire to the chassis, so i drilled a 1.5mm hole in the base of the turret and then used a diamond tipped grinding bit, similar to something a dentist might use, to hollow out the interior of the hole, so that when i melted solder into it, it could not come out (again 'obviously' the plan is that the solder should not become disconnected from the chassis and the hollowed out hole also provides more surface area to which the solder can adhere, but since it may get hit by a BB at some point, even if the shock does cause the solder to delaminate (or whatever the correct word is for a broken weld) it will not come out of the hole so the sight ought to continue working, if intermittently, until i can get the iron back on it.

i've recently been looking at getting an amplifier for my m4. The cheapest I seen was about £9 delivered but it's so short I wondered if it'd actually amplify the sound, so I made my own.

7ZS1fq.jpg

wp1Gf7.jpg

Total cost was £3 as I already had the paint.

The sound is louder and you can hear a noticeable popping sound from the piston head hitting the cylinder head. Actually quiet impressed at how well it's turn out for the price.

i've recently been looking at getting an amplifier for my m4. The cheapest I seen was about £9 delivered but it's so short I wondered if it'd actually amplify the sound, so I made my own.

7ZS1fq.jpg

wp1Gf7.jpg

The sound is louder and you can hear a noticeable popping sound from the piston head hitting the cylinder head. Actually quiet impressed at how well it's turn out for the price.

looks awesome as well!

looks awesome as well!

Just made a slight cut at the bottom so it sits flush with the sights and should stop any tilting that might of happened from knocking it. When the paint dries I'll show you what I mean.

My latest bit of diy. I wanted a lipo adapter for an aep, but could not justify paying the silly prices to buy one or sacrifice a battery. So I made one on my 3d printer, the contacts are just a bit of beer can for now. I plan on doing a new one, with copper contacts and tighter tolerances. Cost about 3p.

post-9260-0-62684700-1431507274_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from blowing up a battery I have managed to fit a flat hop to the F88a2 and succesfully swapped the connectors on my one surviving battery :D

Definitely learned a few lessons this weak end :) Dry firing is showing how much of a difference there is in the trigger response on the A2 compared to my A1 which still has regular Mini Tamiya's atm. Looking forward to taking a trip into the garden and seeing how the flat hop performs tomorrow.

Guest PT247

Have not really done anything visible but have decided to DMR my G5 now it has a proper scope. Swapped out the nozzle for the high power one so can still keep the PSI below 100 to get the required FPS (420) for our sites DMR rules.

Have ordered an action cam which I will be modding to hold a 25mm lens instead of the wide angle lens when it arrives which should magnify by 6x optically so if it works out will aid videoing for a scope cam.

I have had troubles with almost losing my M9 because it falls out my holster in games....

So i made one of these:bh_%2090TPL1BK.jpg

......Out of an old electric lighter I found in my draw:

f2c452cf5881a9131c8b13b7bb622e31.png

as you can see it's decapitated head...

Tested it by dropping it...on a pillow and it works :)

part 1 of my "bomb" prop build

DEC5514B-B70C-4E0F-91C1-E207B2013772_zps

nootropic design defuseable clock. its only the V1 board but i have already found a way to hack an extra output onto it for a siren and/or maroon

its going inside an old MOD mortar case B) and i am looking at doing 3d printed internals, and some lights controlled by an arduino .... just thinking about some sort of sound mod too :D:D:D

The awesomeness is too much!

That just has search and destroy written all over it :D

• 1 month later...

7ZS1fq.jpg

wp1Gf7.jpg

what is the width of it ? how did you actually make it ?

• Head Moderator

HvqSIl.jpg

Off topic, but what make/model is your flashlight? How many lumens? Does it work well down in UCAP Bunker?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.