DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So this week has been very productive in the DIY section of my airsoft week

Firstly the Rail top cover for Ian

Took me about an hour on a miller (needs welding to the top cover)

post-7335-0-19408600-1427324204_thumb.jpg

Next I hand sewed a NSW ballast for my MICH 2001

post-7335-0-63592900-1427324231_thumb.jpg

And finally I modified my MAP to allow it to interchange between compact and large

post-7335-0-47816100-1427324247_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

^^Isn't that just the nuts? So much more hardcore looking than those Golden Eagle railed top covers from Patrolbase!

Riveted a brass reinforcing plate onto my SCAR stock to get it back in action after a bit of a tumble on Sunday ( I know at last one of you saw that one). pics once im home.

pic added

DSC_00951_zpsit8dp5sj.jpg

Riveted a brass reinforcing plate onto my SCAR stock to get it back in action after a bit of a tumble on Sunday ( I know at last one of you saw that one). pics once im home.

So that's why you had insulation tape on the stock Fraser lol and on her debut aswell :(

Hope it wasn't to bad and the modification will hold up and sorry you got shot a few times when i medic'd you :)

its cool mate, the fix only has to hold as long as it take for ares to send me a spare.

Guest PT247

Built a 3rd HPA hi-cap today, this time for my WE R5C. I had previously ordered a 300 round HPA hi-cap from Alyan Airsoft in their sale which turned up today totally unusable.... the mag winding mech was too high so you couldn't get to it without unscrewing the base plate, inside was full of plastic swarf and the plastic had shattered inside too. It had obviously not had any QC done prior to shipping. On a plus note the CNC'd top assembly feels pretty good quality, I have no air in my bottle so I can't test it yet, hopefully get the chance on Sunday lunchtime if I can get the bottle filled on site.

I always intended on putting the HPA parts on an 850 round FAT Mag so have not bothered to send it back to Alyan Airsoft, instead I modified the FAT mag today and (although untested) am pretty happy with how it has pieced together. Seems to feed quite well although only field testing will prove that. The mag is very tight in the gun, which is both good and bad but with 850 rounds to play with I'll not need to refill it mid-game so can cope with that. :)

11119803_10152695631481820_3479249480311

its cool mate, the fix only has to hold as long as it take for ares to send me a spare.

Hopefully shouldn't take to long then and she'll be her happy shooting self again

• 3 weeks later...

Playing with the arm again.

uXTQLCY.jpg

Pics are just after the epoxy curing,hard as a rock. I've now sanded & filed the material on top to form a parabolla shape,and the arm is in the gun. Might give it a lick of paint to make it look less dodgy.

UDw8jNh.jpg

Testing it right now,perfect and straight flight for 45m,well,not really since it's windy af outside but despite the curving it's hitting the same spot over and over. Noticeable improvement in consistency. It does have the usual issue of jamming the BB if you give it too much hop but I think that's mainly because of the rubber being very soft. Bit of a pain to set hop properly due to wear on the adjuster,the clicks are less pronounced and there's much less resistance on the adjuster. Can't be arsed to do the TDC mod either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Finished the code on my Arduino

*small sample*

#include <Bounce.h>
#define BTN_PIN 12
#define LED 13

Bounce btn_bounce = Bounce(BTN_PIN, 5);
boolean sequence_activated = false;
int time_before = 0;
byte Flag=0; 

void setup() {
  pinMode(BTN_PIN, INPUT);
  pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);

//Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  // Update the debouncer
  btn_bounce.update();

// If the button is not pressed zero millis with time_before:
  if(btn_bounce.read() == LOW) {  
    time_before = millis();
  } 
  // if the sequence has not happened before
  if(Flag==0) {
    // Current time - time before button press is equal or greater than 2 sec:
   if(millis() - time_before >= 2000) {  

This is by no means complete ... and is missing the end part (don't want to give all my surprises away)

• Supporters

I'm too lazy to read back through the previous pages... What is this for exactly?

• Supporters

GOT IT

A BFG FOR EXTREMELY DEAF PLAYERS .....

WHAT ???

I SAID:

BFG FOR EXTREMELY DEAF PLAYERS

Lmao ... but no

tomorrow i start work on the electronics and see if it will fit in the box B)

• Supporters

Arduino controlled bomb objective.... I'm in the middle of doing my own as we speak but having no coding experience, I'm slightly tempted to blow the little bastard up for real.

If you have any specific question I might be able to help you. I did some arduino coding.

If you have any specific question I might be able to help you. I did some arduino coding.

i have a code that someone has provided for me but every time i run it through it comes up with errors... not sure if im supposed to have it all wired up for first or what as everyone else that has used the code it seems to work for but for me... nadda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.