DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just done a bit of DIY to my flashlight. It got me wondering what other DIY I could do to my loadout?

I've put a safety lense on my light incase it gets shot. I used the lense off a pair of safety goggles and some bungee cord. It doesn't look professional but atleast I won't be shelling more cash out on a light.

EDIT: cut some of the cord back, looks a bit more inconspicuous now.

post-8040-0-08752700-1383968027_thumb.jpg

You could get your chissels out and carve yourself a new stock and foregrip. Let me know how you get on :D

heckler-koch-mp5-with-wood-42d13aaa-sz50

Make me a set while you're at it :D

• Supporters

Oooh, I like that torch. I used a couple of layers of blisterpack plastic and black LX tape to do the same to my C8 torch...

Got 2 BB's straight through it @Tac House: Spartan :lol: Still, at least the torch glass didn't break.

I'm a bit stuffed & comfy right now, but when I can be arsed I'll put up some pics of DIY bits I've done - maybe give you some ideas.

Dammit, now I've started thinking about utilising some Veneer I have lying around to fake a wooden foregrip. The MP5SD forgrip is basically a cylinder so it should be possible...

I have also been thinking about adding a mount for by front bike light. I have a very good front light for my bike and the lens on it is much more sturdy than on most torches. The problem would be how to attach the mount without compromising my ability to remove the foregrip

Oooh, I like that torch. I used a couple of layers of blisterpack plastic and black LX tape to do the same to my C8 torch...

Got 2 BB's straight through it @Tac House: Spartan :lol: Still, at least the torch glass didn't break.

I'm a bit stuffed & comfy right now, but when I can be arsed I'll put up some pics of DIY bits I've done - maybe give you some ideas.

I work in an engineering stores so safety glasses are easy to come by. I've read the safety specs on them and they've been tested on with metal BBs, so no chance of breaking :)

The only problem I'm having with the torch now is that is has become very temperamental. It works fine then for some reason won't turn on. The batteries are fully charged. Give it a few minutes when it's faulty and it's as if it corrects itself because it starts working fine again. Anyone experienced this? It doesn't feel hot so it isn't overheating or anything.

• Supporters

No idea what could be causing that. I've had 18650 batteries getting really quite warm in normal use before, so that wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it was happening.

Do you have the other eye lens from the goggles you used and can I buy it if so?

No idea what could be causing that. I've had 18650 batteries getting really quite warm in normal use before, so that wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it was happening.

Do you have the other eye lens from the goggles you used and can I buy it if so?

No I binned it, sorry. If I see anymore laying around in the next few days I'll cut one up for you. What's you lights diameter?

It's as if the lights program gets confused and needs half a minute to reset itself. Really strange...

My DIY cheekrest,a pat58 belt around the stock,and my method of preventing losing the hop setting,tape around the adjuster!

I have even more DIY mods internally :P

5r9AgjPh.jpg

I'm going to make myself a optic cover out of acrylic or something soon,My scope got shot too many times & I want to keep it since Strike scopes are no longer made in Taiwan.

Also planning to get some Tennis racket tape the same color as the Russian Tourniquet and wrap it around the stock area where I grip since the rubberized finish came off.

• Supporters

The bezel is 44.5mm and the actual glass is about 40mm.

@UTJ: Like the tourniquet idea - i've been vaguely planning to get one to wrap around the stock of my AKS-74U, but I wont be able to fold it then - but the fold clip doesn't engage properly anyway anymore, b/c the stock is only held on by a dodgy wood bodge :lol: maybe the time is right... Have you found the racket tape in the right pink colour?

My PLCE webbing:

IMAG1622.jpg

I added proper PLCE belt loops to the medic pouch, rather than leave it with the single fixed loop it came with, so I could shift the right hand double ammo pouch to the left (where I prefer my ammo) and attach the yoke as normal. I also added some neoprene to the back and lid to help it keep its shape when not stuffed full to make it easier to get at the 3 inner pouches.

Some other bits'n'bobs -

Reversible bum-rig: IMAG1626.jpg IMAG1628.jpg allows me to sit anywhere whenever my feet hurt too much to stand.

Custom Drop Leg Rig: IMAG1630.jpg expands to hold more stuff than other dump pouches + bayonet frog.
Added Belt Loops: IMAG1633.jpg reinforced with glued hoody-cotton for comfort with just pants underneath = cooler to wear.

Custom Comfort Pads: IMAG1635.jpg cover the velcro loops under the shoulders + admin panel & various zip mods.

Cock'n'Balls BB Bag: IMAG1638.jpg that shape completely by accident - padded inside for silence / pours easily.

Scope Cover for SVD: IMAG1639.jpg made from camping mat for some rigidity with cushioning.

Custom Machete & Scabbard: IMAG1640.jpg sprayed black / scabbard built from 2L plastic bottles melted to shape.

Sniper Gear: IMAG1642.jpg MK6 Helmet Cover / IMAG1643.jpg Veil

click thumbsnails for full size

Don't have the right racket tape color but I could try bodge it up by soaking it in alcohol. Or leaving it in the sun.

I like the idea but realized it's sort of redundant as the gloves I use are grippy as Fcuk!

Speaking of DIY,I really need to get to work on that SV98 Stock project I drafted ages ago-Need to re-do the drawings though as the paper has faded and got all crumply. Kind of really want it to make my loadout more authentic(And have a bloody wood stock! +1337 fancy points) But I really like the VSR's light weight stock,and having the SV98 one cast out ABS is too expensive for me.

Hi! I'm new to airsoft but starting to get my gear together. I decided to go for the Armed Police look and so purchased various bits off ebay and from army surplus quite cheap after a little bit of hunting. I managed to get a Police carry vest for 99p off ebay! (Thanks to the guy misspelling Police and no one being able to find it when searching for police vests!) then some blue coveralls for £12 from Anchor supplies (Hav a few black stairs but im planning on getting them trashed at Airsoft anyways so they don't look all that bad!) and lastly i brought a pair of rigid cuffs (just for show) from a dodgey looking advert on Gumtree that actually turned out real and the guy only wanted £5 for a pair! so... i've not done too badly, but i wanted a taser just for show and found out even the training plastic/rubber ones were £30! so i decided to make one out of solid wood... below is a picture of what it looks like so far. Will paint it when i'm next off work and upload the finished result. Will post a pic on the load out forum when my kits all complete:)

post-8466-0-19649200-1384797988_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Hi! I'm new to airsoft but starting to get my gear together. I decided to go for the Armed Police look and so purchased various bits off ebay and from army surplus quite cheap after a little bit of hunting. I managed to get a Police carry vest for 99p off ebay! (Thanks to the guy misspelling Police and no one being able to find it when searching for police vests!) then some blue coveralls for £12 from Anchor supplies (Hav a few black stairs but im planning on getting them trashed at Airsoft anyways so they don't look all that bad!) and lastly i brought a pair of rigid cuffs (just for show) from a dodgey looking advert on Gumtree that actually turned out real and the guy only wanted £5 for a pair! so... i've not done too badly, but i wanted a taser just for show and found out even the training plastic/rubber ones were £30! so i decided to make one out of solid wood... below is a picture of what it looks like so far. Will paint it when i'm next off work and upload the finished result. Will post a pic on the load out forum when my kits all complete:)

Like the idea. Maybe use filler and a couple/few of layers of gloss paint to give it the look of plastic...?

Welcome to the forums :) We may meet f2f if you ever get to Skirmish just down the road from Pheonix.

I'm looking at getting a ohshiboom in the next few weeks. The problem is where I play indoors the place is very dark and often people lose their grenades. I was thinking of spraying one with glow in the dark paint. Has anyone had any experience with the paint?

I would also carry a UV flashlight with me if I had to, I've seen some for a couple quid.

• Supporters

best bet is to put a band of high visibility tape in the recess on the grenade, it'll glow like a fucker when you shine a torch on it that way. Failing that, you could use a keyring to attach a small glow stick?

Glow in the dark paint is actually pretty shit at glowing.

best bet is to put a band of high visibility tape in the recess on the grenade, it'll glow like a f*cker when you shine a torch on it that way. Failing that, you could use a keyring to attach a small glow stick?

Glow in the dark paint is actually pretty sh*t at glowing.

The tape is probably the best idea, Thanks.

• Supporters

and my contribution, needed (want to keep my teeth) some decent full face for CQB so following a guide on Arnies I built this:

IMG_1568.jpg

It's a set of ESS Profile turbofan goggles with the bottom half of a Sansei style mask cable tied on the bottom. No idea how it will perform in practice but it'll definitely protect my teeth and face!

• Supporters

Another idea for finding grenades I had a while back is attaching one of those things they make for finding lost keys etc to it. Tape/paint/etc relies on being line of sight with it - if you could shine a torch on it, why not just shine a decent torch when you're looking for it? I've got one that I bought for $11 recently that wouldn't just illuminate it well enough to see it, it'd dry it and any puddle it might be in too. Clearly (see what i did there?) the problem is that they end up where you can't see them at all easily = welcome ears :P

• Supporters

The reflective tape that they use for high vis jackets works really well one of the marshals at the site uses it on everything, then just goes back in the dark with a high powered torch. It flashes in the undergrowth and makes finding it really easily.

Alternatively use a 2 or 3 ft piece of brightly coloured ribbon, I used to do that with my RC Aeroplane batteries for when I crashed ( this happened a lot)

Basically a 2 m length of 1inch wide lime green ribbon on the battery so when it flew through the nose of the plane it would trail after the battery, when it landed in a bush the ribbon would be light enough that it would sit on the top of the bushes and branches and allow me to trace the battery to where it landed. That might be a bit extreme but something similar might work.

• Supporters

Two hundred and fucking what? No mate.

Almost lost my dot sight last night so I put a cap on it too :)

that cover looks soo much better than the one on mine!! also mine is made of the first plastic I could find and dims the vision. gotta see if I can find a pic.

that cover looks soo much better than the one on mine!! also mine is made of the first plastic I could find and dims the vision. gotta see if I can find a pic.

I made mine out of safety glasses so the vision is crystal clear and safety rated. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.